Part of the furniture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Does this mean I can get the "Wayfarer's Dole" if I go to Winchester?
And I DO have a prayer now!
Wayfarer's prayer
English translation[edit]

May it be Your will, o Lord, our God and the God of our ancestors, that You lead us toward peace, guide our footsteps toward peace, and make us reach our desired destination for life, gladness, and peace. May You rescue us from the hand of every foe, ambush along the way, and from all manner of punishments that assemble to come to earth. May You send blessing in our handiwork, and grant us grace, kindness, and mercy in Your eyes and in the eyes of all who see us. May You hear the sound of our humble request because You are God Who hears prayer requests. Blessed are You, our Lord, Who hears prayer.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wayfarer's Evening Song
By Johann Goethe
Translated by A.Z. Foreman

Over every hilltop
comes repose.
From every treetop
there blows
barely a breath toward you.
Birds in the woodland cease their song.
Wait, now. Before long
You will rest, too.

The Original:

Wandrers Nachtlied

Über allen Gipfeln
ist Ruh’
in allen Wipfeln
spürest du
kaum einen Hauch.
Die Vögelein schweigen im Walde.
Warte, nur balde
ruhest du auch.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The Wayfarers have our own tree

Wayfaring Tree by British Red, on Flickr

and a nice dinghy too

wooden.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
There is ... But isn't it more fun to find out yourself? ;)

I guess it might be, I was just wondering how many inane comments I have to make to get away from wanderer, I really don't like being labelled as a wanderer :pokenest:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
When I started this thread, it was meant as a very light hearted joke, check the comments on the first page. Of course being a part of the furniture or woodsman or even old duffer makes no difference in the great scheme of things. I'm sorry this thread has become so contentious, it was not meant to be. Mods please feel free to lock this thread.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
When I started this thread, it was meant as a very light hearted joke, check the comments on the first page. Of course being a part of the furniture or woodsman or even old duffer makes no difference in the great scheme of things. I'm sorry this thread has become so contentious, it was not meant to be. Mods please feel free to lock this thread.
Killjoy. I'm only posting to find out my new hashtag thingy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE