Out this weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'm travelling to Crystal Palace to watch junior in the National final of the school biathlon competition. He only entered for a bit of fun...who knew he could run almost as well as he swims!

Simon

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I used to go there with the cubs, and then the scouts. I live in Norfolk now but have some great memories of Broadstone Warren. I had no idea "Grown Ups" could stay there.

It's a regular meet for the Sussex Bushcrafters.,A really good spot, good to know you have fond memories of the place.:)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I just checked the weather forecast for my locality on Saturday:

Heavy snow easing to light snow, 20 mph Easterly winds gusting to 40 mph.

Perfect conditions for a fire lighting challenge with the scouts!

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Any one else out to play this weekend?
Myself hastur mesquite and xander are off up the permission for an overnighter on saturday.
Hastur and I will be going natural kit route-swedish rescue bags wool blankets and such like.
Mesquite will be using his standard set up and xander is comjng for a day visit.
Few things planned to do whilst up there so should be a good time.
What have you fine folk got planned?

I kind of get the feeling I'm going to spend the weekend being a lacky for Sam based on the number of 'projects' he has for me to do!!!

Dan.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I've got my Highland trip this weekend.

I'm dreading tonight because whenever I plan a trip I can't ever seem to get a good night's rest. I'm a bad sleeper in the first place, so imagine months of anticipation heaped on top of that. I've been planning this trip since November last year...I woke up very early today, 6:30, and I'm planning to go to bed at about 9:30 just so I can make sure I get enough sleep. It's not so much that I'm excited, but that I constantly think of how the day will pan out.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
im at ivans for his birthday bash friday to sunday first time out since the new hip regards dave

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'll be in the woods above Tintern Abbey for 2 nights, I've got a shiny new knife to test (thanks Juttle) and two old carving axes I've just fettled and re-handled to try out and some in-the-field sharpening paddles and strop
a la Ben Orford advice to try out...............I've just made up a bigger FAK.................Forecast strong E winds, gusting 40 knots.............oh joy! atb mac

Looks like you are set for some epic weather Sam. your new tarpology skills should come in very handy i'd think. Have a great time

Im gonna scrap the natural kit idea for weekend.....play time is all well and good. Hypothermia isn't as fun....
Unfortunately cause we are moving next weekend my kit is all over the shop so need t hunt out the stuff I need.

As for epic weather we shall see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE