Out this weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well we're a man down for the weekend so far.
Hope you feel better soon Steve. Promise I won't send many pictures to make you feel worse :p
Waiting to hear from hastur as to if he reckons he can make it down.

More bacon for me he he he he.
Stay safe everyone is a wee bit nippy out

The only consolation I have ofbeing infected by this bug from my missus is she now has laryngitis... so I don't have to listen to her :p

Have a good one matey :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got home ... COLD (-2 with windchill -10 during the day ... colder at night!
Did some birch tapping ... but the sap froze in the pipes when not sun warmed!
I loved it and now have 3 gallons of sap for wine and syrup!

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Big respect to all those who camped out in some form last weekend.

I was out working in it all day on Saturday but had the luxury of going home and leaving the scouts to it!

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
That was a bracing nights camp I can tell you!
The fire burnt down too low around hamf four which woke me resulting in me running around in just my thermals (sorry for mental image there) to build it back up. Other than that twas a good night out even if it did turn into solo do

Sounds like fun Sam. Are you treating us to a trip report mate.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I've got my Highland trip this weekend.

I'm dreading tonight because whenever I plan a trip I can't ever seem to get a good night's rest. I'm a bad sleeper in the first place, so imagine months of anticipation heaped on top of that. I've been planning this trip since November last year...I woke up very early today, 6:30, and I'm planning to go to bed at about 9:30 just so I can make sure I get enough sleep. It's not so much that I'm excited, but that I constantly think of how the day will pan out.

Anyone have a similar problem?

I have exactly that problem before archery matches. I get all worked up, and while trying to fall asleep I freak out because the longer I stay awake the worse I'll shoot tomorrow. Hugely annoying. Best thing to do is get out of bed really early in the morning and have an active day.

Looking forward to seeing the pics Sam, well done for sticking at it

Good luck with the move

Got some on my phone. Not the greatest pics as i was too busy one way or another.
But Iearnt a few bits so I shall be able to do a good write up I hope.

One thing Iearnt is always consider yourself if you are the one staying over night. With a bit more thought I could of been a lot cosier butni had set up the tarp to fit my mate in who visited for a while. I should of rejigged it once he had left but apathy stopped me. I could of been much snugger.
Oh well live and learn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE