Other hobbies.... (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammy734

Sep 6, 2008
Portadown, Northern Ireland
I have four main 'loves'/ hobbies.

Camping, hiking and more recently bushcraft (to me this is one hobby ;-))
I have also been learning to play accoustic guitar for the last year and a half (I'm up to grade four!)
From feb 08 I enrolled in CIW's Web Design Manager course (perhaps a hobby but when I'm qualified I want a web design job!)
And of course the hobby for my heart is my fiancee - we got engaged in February so she takes up a huge part of my life (I'm not complaining! :))

I'm kept busy, but I couldn't be happier...

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
shooting- game-LSR-stalking-pest control
Painting
canoeing
archery
woodwork
gardening
fishing
Bell ringing
knife making
Martial arts

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
drinking
MRT
green laning
swearing at the Land Rover
climbing
sittting in front of the fire(s)

err mooching in the woods - suppose I do that more than "hardcore bushcraft". Probably my main hobby as it is all of about 10 metres from the front door.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
shooting- game-LSR-stalking-pest control
Painting
canoeing
archery
woodwork
gardening
fishing
Bell ringing
knife making
Martial arts

See, now, Campenology, not very bushy is it?:) Sorry (my older brother campenolegyies too)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
With that avatar,I thought 'shrooming would be up there:D

I bimble,fly fish,work with wild Barn Owls during breeding season (ring adults and young),hillwalking,voluntary work with wildlife esp birds,courier injured wildlife,special projects officer on committee of local rspb group,used to do a few surveys,reap the rewards of others hunting forays,recently began cultivating the pipe and enjoy drinking copious amounts of good beer.

Ye'll make someone a gid wife someday Tam :rolleyes:

:lmao:

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Sailing yachts :D

2601890134_56ddd9a942.jpg

Scoops

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Seriously though....I'm into

fishing - sea, coarse and game
shooting
hillwalking
canoeing
woodcarving
sailing, restoring and repairing boats and yachts of all types
spanners, hammers and rusty stuff
fly tying
wildlife watching
wombling
beach combing
painting
drawing
tattooing people
and argueing with the girlfriend about me having too many other interests apart from her. ;)

Oh, and I go to uni to do a degree in countryside management in between all that, well, I try to lol :lmao:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I live on my boat (no home ashore) and periodically make long voyages of between 1 and 2 years. When I'm home in the UK I visit my grown up family and spend the rest of my time backpacking and living in the woods. At sea I read a lot, study the wildlife both at sea and in the places I visit. I stay away from tourist and 'yottie' haunts. I've backpacked in Greece, Sardinia and many other places around the Mediterranean Basin and lately in the Caribbean. It's difficult for me to draw a line between my life and 'other hobbies or interests'. For me this is it..living the life.

Atlantic crossing 2006/7

2007_0220Image0001.jpg

Adios Canary Islands.
2007_0220Image0003-1.jpg

Nearest land 1500 miles astern or approx 2 miles straight down..
Running hard in the Nor'East Trade Wind
2007_0220Image0014.jpg

Always Westward, towards the sunset.
2007_0220Image0012.jpg

30 days..Land Ho!... It will be strange not to be alone.
2007_0302Image0013.jpg

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Let me see...

Howmbrewing - this is one of the biggies at the moment. I've just joined the Scottish Craft Brewers, and I'm brewing at least once a month. Related to this, I'm also tinkering about with yeast culturing. Of course, drinking beer is also a serious pastime. :D
Winemaking - I've not been making enough wine this year! Fortunately I still have a full rack...
Allotment - a new one, as I just got my allotment a few weeks back. Been putting a lot of work in in the last couple of weeks...
Guitar - I've got 5 guitars kicking around the flat now: 2 electrics that I haven't touched in years, an old classical, a Fender 12-string acoustic, and my pride and joy, my Taylor 210CE 6-string electro-acoustic dreadnought, which is just lovely.
Whistle - I've been working on the penny- or tin- whistle for a couple of years. Starting to get somewhere now... Got a whole fistful of Ds, most of which are rubbish, and a nice tuneable low-D. Really need to buy a C sometime...

Hobbies that I'm less active with now, or are on hold for one reason or another include: DIY valve hi-fi, chanter, didgeridu, juggling (balls, clubs, devil stick), archery, cigar smoking, wine snobbery, whisky snobbery, cognac snobbery (i'd like to put open canoe in here, but I've not really done enough to justify it)... And I'm completely bored of computers.

Despite all this, I've got to find time to go to bloody work somehow... :(

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
... And I'm completely bored of computers.

That's a problem for me at the moment. My main indoor hobby for a while was modding a video game(GP500) but in the last year I've had real trouble getting back into it.
My last session at it I'd made a decent start at building Olivers Mount. It's annoying that the hard bit(getting the track right) is mostly done but I can't motivate myself to finish it off. :rolleyes:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I dip in and out of hobbies over the years.

Currently active in amature radio; dog training; walking and camping and trying to learn French.

Probably go back to black powder pistol and gallery rifle target shooting; spinning and weaving; dyeing.

Interests include reading about archaeology; science and nature; backwoods living; self sufficiency.

Oh, and I waste a lot of time surfing the web.:rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
In no sort of order
Acting (Am Dram and some extra work for Welsh Soaps etc)
Making all sorts of things - from knives to Dreamcatchers to Panto costumes to - all sorts!
Photography
Canoeing - Level 4 Open Canoe coach
Hiking/Hill walking
Reading
:cool:

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Mesquite your stained glass windows are absolutely lovely! You really are very talented.
At the moment my hobbies are training my new pup, reading, cookery and of course my other job - yoga!
CIMG0698.jpg
[/IMG]
CIMG0715.jpg

:lmao: I love being upside down and pushing my body to it's limits of flexibility and strength.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Ouch Rhoda that first one looks painful :yikes: and the second nae problem I do that one all the time in the shower.......you see I can't afford a Bidae :Wow: :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE