Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frenchy

Sep 4, 2016
Norway
I would be interested in this but can't give a definite answer until the new year, if that is ok? If I can make it I can pick 3 people up from the airport. I haven't been to far north in the winter with my front wheel drive but the spiked tyres handle the mountains in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Yep... well up for that Ash. That was my plan before you said but had not set dates. Maybe get into the trees to camp.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Id probably be up for that trip Ash.

Dewi, are you getting that tent. Its top of the line mate.....

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
To be honest I can't see me getting out much more before the trip, I have a meet in November in Kent and anything else after that is pushing it :(
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 why oh whyyy...

Ok mate no probs. If you fancy a weekend or what ever closer this side after the 17th of December let me know. We may have some snow on the Welsh Mountains if we are lucky...😉😉😉

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Right, some of the group have booked flights today. To Kiruna, from Birmingham. As per Tinky Petes link.

https://www.expedia.co.uk/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=fro m%3ABirmingham%2C+England%2C+U K+%28BHX-All+Airports%29%2Cto%3AKiruna% 2C+Sweden+%28KRN%29%2Cdepartur e%3A23%2F01%2F2017TANYT&leg2=f rom%3AKiruna%2C+Sweden+%28KRN% 29%2Cto%3ABirmingham%2C+Englan d%2C+UK+%28BHX-All+Airports%29%2Cdeparture%3A 03%2F02%2F2017TANYT&passengers =children%3A0%2Cadults%3A1%2Cs eniors%3A0%2Cinfantinlap%3AY&o ptions=cabinclass%3Aeconomy%2C nopenalty%3AN%2Csortby%3Aprice &mode=search

Outward Bound Flight: 06:05
Multiple Airlines
8h 45m flight time
2 stops
FRA, ARN
Arrival Kiruna 15:50

At the time of writing, this is the seventh link down, from Tinky Petes link, priced at £259.83 return [the first price in red font]

If you select that flight, we are all flying out on the same flight. If you click select on that flight, the next page takes you to the choice of return flights.

Most of those return flights are leaving at 6:05am from Kiruna. on the 03/02/17. Free return flight.

That choice number 1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Choice number 2

Im staying on, for an extra few days for the sami market, and flying out from kiruna on the 06/02/17

If you want to do this, click on the link above, but in the box for the return flight, which states 03/02/17, change the date from the 03/02/17 to 06/02/17

Meaning the return flight will be on the 06/02/17. Not the 03/02/17.

Here is the link, already done for your convenience: [With the return date showing the 06/02/17]

https://www.expedia.co.uk/Flights-S...y&origref=www.expedia.co.uk/Flight-Search-All

As you can see the departure flight is the same flight from birmigham, [yet the cost is lower at £216.03 return]

06:05 - 15:50
Multiple Airlines
8h 45m
BHX - KRN
2 stops
FRA, ARN

[same outward bound flight from birmingham]

But now Click select, and the return flight is the 06/02/17, the fifth link down [at the time of writing] on the 06/02/17
16:25 - 22:15 [Arrival back at birmingham]
Multiple Airlines
6h 50m flight time
KRN - BHX
2 stops
ARN, FRA Return Cost £26.60

A couple of the group, myself included have chosen choice 2, to attend the market, and fly back on the 06/02/17.

So we should all be leaving the bush together, on the 02/02/17 to go back to porjus from Vietas on the same bus together.

Then the members who want to catch the flight on the 03/02/17 will be getting a bus back up to Kiruna from Porjus, presumably spending the night in a hotel, and catching the early plane back to blighty on the 03/02/17.

I will be getting the bus from Porjus in the opposite direction, to Jokkmokk, and spending a few days at the sami market, then getting the bus back up to Kiruna on the morning of the 06/02/17 catching the plane departing Kiruna at 16:25 back to blighty.

Locations to stay in jokkmokk are sketchy at the moment. All the hotels are booked solid, but the campsite, about a mile down the road, offers camping, showers, sauna, and a washing machine.

They are only open mon-fri, so I'll be calling to book a pitch on Monday.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Thanks for the work in posting the links up Dave, I'm going to have to guess that I won't be able to stay on for the full trip, I'll probably come back on the 3rd, but I'll make some calls

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
If we cannot get a campsite sorted I know a guy [swedish survival guild instructor about 5 miles down the road, on the bus route] I could contact, who has a cabin, sauna, showers, who i think would let us stay there.

[He also has has teams of huskies, if we wanted to take the huskies out for a couple of hours on a circular route......

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'd love to move quickly but I'm short of funds at the minute... plus I get the pleasure of Crown court this week. 2 glorious days in the nation's capital to argue with a judge ... my idea of fun.

To make matters worse, have you seen how much they charge for a beer down there?! :(

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
PMs cleared a bit... I need to spend some time sorting that inbox out... its in a worse mess than my kit bag!

Skookum

Jan 15, 2015
West Mids
Dewi

I'm asking about half what it cost me and have another buyer inline waiting for your decision. Do yourself a favor, skip the beer for a week and buy this. I had it from new and it's only had 3 nights use! I'll sell to the other buyer tomorrow if i don't hear back from you.

Ash

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE