Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Are you all going to carry your own stoves, tents, pots etc? Huge amount of redundancy perhaps? Might be better to consolidate some of the bulkier items, particularly if you're flying.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Are you all going to carry your own stoves, tents, pots etc? Huge amount of redundancy perhaps? Might be better to consolidate some of the bulkier items, particularly if you're flying.

There will be 3 stoves in 3 tents, Dewi is still an enigma ? 2 tents are twin occupancy up to now, it was discussed at the meet to share the load, no need to take 3 and 4 of everything, but that still needs to be sorted out as to how and what ( if )

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Petes taking a 4 litre pot for the group meal every night. Two are taking primus omnifuel stoves. Probably a few small alcohol stoves will be smuggled over.

Ash is wondering if he can get that pulk Martin is selling, onto a plane, and how much it will cost.

Did you all watch Ed Stafford in Norway last night on discovery? I want his smock. :)

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It was you who told me it was on Al! :D

I look at him and think be-jesus im not that old am i, then i realise im slightly older. :(

Then I think how old you are, and im cheered up again. :)

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
It was you who told me it was on Al! :D

I look at him and think be-jesus im not that old am i, then i realise im slightly older. :(

Then I think how old you are, and im cheered up again. :)

Firstly, I forgot / blush

Second, don't be cheecky to ya elders young whipper snapper :D

Age is just a number, I mean, look at me ;)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Just looked at temps for Kiruna in Jan....😆😆😆😆😆
45bf241d887e99f7f97abd44bb833d49.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yayhay! Cold here we come....:hatscarf: I have a gut feeling we'll have a few days of severe cold.....yipeee Cant wait.

Like over twice as cold as your home freezer

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
There will be 3 stoves in 3 tents, Dewi is still an enigma ? 2 tents are twin occupancy up to now, it was discussed at the meet to share the load, no need to take 3 and 4 of everything, but that still needs to be sorted out as to how and what ( if )

I have little choice but to take my own tent and stove.

If anyone was forced to sleep within 100 yards of my snoring, I fear I won't be waking the following morning and the group story will be that I was taken by a pack of wolves.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I have little choice but to take my own tent and stove.

If anyone was forced to sleep within 100 yards of my snoring, I fear I won't be waking the following morning and the group story will be that I was taken by a pack of wolves.

That is true mate, sorry to say :( so what are you planning on taking or is it too early, some nice gear on seekoutside, very nice, so nice I might sell mine and buy one :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
That is true mate, sorry to say :( so what are you planning on taking or is it too early, some nice gear on seekoutside, very nice, so nice I might sell mine and buy one :D

I was looking at a canvas tent, but it weighed too much, so instead I'm trying to get my hands on an ultralight pyramid style with a stove. I can buy one new for $800, but thanks to our current predicament with the currency, the price is going up by the day.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I was looking at a canvas tent, but it weighed too much, so instead I'm trying to get my hands on an ultralight pyramid style with a stove. I can buy one new for $800, but thanks to our current predicament with the currency, the price is going up by the day.

That's going to be nice, as for price, it's a gamble as to when or if it gets better, but you know that :) Hit the button :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
All I need is a tesco mummy sleeping bag and a packet of ciggies... but granted, at minus 25 there might be the requirement for something a tad warmer.

Timing is everything at the minute it would seem... I was about to buy some stock last night and the dollar gained on the pound like a tick on a sheep! It was something rather epic.

I'm half tempted to buy some supplies in Sweden... they have some nice stores over there.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Risking it doing it over there though mate. It will all ready be - 15/18 when we get there dude. If you cant get kit your screwed.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE