Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Extra bag is £40 when you check in online...������

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thats 46kg total by the way.

Ah right, thanks for that, I take it that's just hold luggage ? then add the 8 kg hand luggage ? And not forgetting to wear as much as possible, I'll be wearing my parka, my boots and whatever else I can sweat check in for :D

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Yes Al 8 kg for hand baggage on top of that 2 hold bags of 23 kg each. I could not see sizes though. Over large baggage list was ski bags ect. No mention of luggage bag sizes. Hope that helps. I think they would take Ash's pulk if he got one with advance warning maybe a phonecall to SAS airlines i think it is?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
If you need gear and what not, there are quite a few stores i Kiruna:
https://www.hitta.se/sportaffärer+friluftsutrustning+kiruna/företag/2
...at some of these you might end up with a snow mobile...

For Alcohol - Look for 'Systembolaget'

For normal food stuffs - 'ICA' and 'COOP'

...and as of yet - no response from Emmas Taxi...

Greger

Mmmmm, thanks Greger. It doesnt look like Emmas taxis is as reliable as we need them to be?

Do you think it would it be possible to get a quote from Tomas from the Mountain Centre, for the bus, from Gallivare or Porjus to Vietas or [even better] Suorva? Whichever suits him? For the morning of the 24th January?
Returning from Vietas [or Suorva] early afternoon, back to Porjus on the 02/02/17?

We need to get something firmed up and booked.

Best, Dave.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Mmmmm, thanks Greger. It doesnt look like Emmas taxis is as reliable as we need them to be?

Do you think it would it be possible to get a quote from Tomas from the Mountain Centre, for the bus, from Gallivare or Porjus to Vietas or [even better] Suorva? Whichever suits him? For the morning of the 24th January?
Returning from Vietas [or Suorva] early afternoon, back to Porjus on the 02/02/17?

We need to get something firmed up and booked.

Best, Dave.

I will first check on the possibility for a Bus/Taxi solution. I think (pretty darn certain) that Tomas will help out if that fails to come through....

Greger

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hoping for the best but planning for the worst, IF we can't get transport to Vietas what are the options, back to plan A, walk out of the airport into 'the nature' and camp around Kiruna before getting the bus to Jokkmokk for the market ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I will first check on the possibility for a Bus/Taxi solution. I think (pretty darn certain) that Tomas will help out if that fails to come through....

Greger

Ok Greger, thanks very much. :You_Rock_

[No Al. We'll get there]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dont forget nice clean clothes for around the town at the end. Pair of boots and jeans for on the pull....����������

:lmao: Oh yeh, would you like to come back to my cosy -20 tent? :lmao:

I think Im gonna have to take 3 deployment bags this time. I normally take two. And one hand bag. [Small ruck sack]

Ive never taken a tent as large as the snowtrekker and a full box stove. So thats £40 for my extra bag then? Thanks for checking that out.

[Or £20 each Ash :) ] for the third bag with the shared equipment, tent, snowtrekker mainly, and a large pot for water, from the lake. We dont do snowballs if we dont have to!

Thats not bad actually presuming its £40 return? £20 each way? per extra bag? Is that right?

Ash, is trying to get a LOTN toboggan ordered from the USA.

Im gonna lay out all my gear this weekend and see if it all fits in my bags.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Im gonna lay out all my gear this weekend and see if it all fits in my bags.

Are you going to do another kit list album ? That would be good to see, if it isn't that far removed from the last one though there's not much point for the effort needed ! I would like to see your toboggan in a bag though :)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Are you going to do another kit list album ? That would be good to see, if it isn't that far removed from the last one though there's not much point for the effort needed ! I would like to see your toboggan in a bag though :)

**** that Al. :lmao:No. Im not. Im too lazy. You saw most of my kit anyway mate. Although you might have been seeing double at the time. heeheheeee

Seriously though, if you really want me to.........I shall try.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The secret is Dave to go back to her place....

Saves on the hotel!

I was gonna say all these Norwegian women are bloody stunning. Then I remembered were going to Sweden....

Im out of practice. And Im not shaving my beard off. Maybe I should get my teeth whitened, and some hair sewn in, and a bit of liposuction?

You wont even recognise me by the time we get to the airport.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
**** that Al. :lmao:No. Im not. Im too lazy. You saw most of my kit anyway mate. Although you might have been seeing double at the time. heeheheeee

Seriously though, if you really want me to.........I shall try.

Just the toboggan in the bag will do and tell me the size of bag ( dimensions ) please :)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Thought you meant a pulk. Thought Ash was getting one???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE