Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Jokkmokk - yes, pizza place is good, 2 supermarkets will stock all you'll need - well, they did for me! Can highly recommend the O'Boy hot chocolate powder (just add water) and the Polarbrot bread range. Can't remember the exact polarbrot item, but one of them was superb after 10 seconds each side on a hot stovetop (suppose you could use a frypan instead, but the stovetop seemed much easier!)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Bread done then

e6affba29e728d0468592dc413af812a.jpg

Looks good too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I keep shopping on the Swedish Coop shop, some prices are a bit tasty whilst others look ok, I'm thinking to take

BREAKFAST

Lard :D to reheat and or cook bacon
Cooked pre packed bacon
Olive oil, goes on and with everything ;)
Egg crystals
Wraps
Oats
Hot chocolate

LUNCH

Cheese
Chorizo
Sardines
Pita breads

DINNERS

Should be a mixture of communal and a bit of self catering

2x Communal dinners separate x 5 people, 10 days worth of evening meals, 4 days self cater ? (roughly)

Self catering TBC

Also, Coffee, sugar, sweets, chocolate drops ( for adding to bits ) butter in a tin ? nuts, trail bars

A basic list and by no means final, I'll be topping this up in Sweden, your thoughts please.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Good so far mate. Same sort of thing as me really. Get your butter and bacon out there dude it will cost less than flying it over i would have thought.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Good so far mate. Same sort of thing as me really. Get your butter and bacon out there dude it will cost less than flying it over i would have thought.

Yeah, fresh bacon I may get out there but I'll take some pre cooked as well, it'll all get eaten :D

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Get big group stew on the go handy for snacks with a bit of brot ,,

keep it mainly veg based and you can keep adding to it ,,,fry some meat to add to it separate from the stew

Packet soups light but work as the base as as needed ,,cant beat it last thing at night in a group tent :camping:.

salt and pepper saches so people can add there own

maybe some dumplings

Local radio is fantastic a right mix of tunes

Fuel the furnace dudes :)

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yeah stews are what I'm doing as group meals on the night time meal, I don't know what others are doing yet, I was thinking of dumplings, looked at the Atora this morning lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
wraps dont work well in the cold ,

I was thinking have a stew on as a group at all times , as you will be melting snow all the time as it is

It your cooking on a flat surface you can get nan bread mix , its fantastic ,,,have not seen it for a bit though.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
It's only the evening meal that's going to be a group meal, the wraps and pita bread I was going to warm on the stove, I'll have a look at naan bread mix, thanks Cliff.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Local cuisine and tastes differs off course, but I'd go for hot meals all over....also, I'd go for freeze dried like Real turmat or Bla band - I am lazy, it is temp independent and it is easy to calculate the amount of energy....well various kinds of lazy, really...

Sardines....well....nah...

Greger

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Local cuisine and tastes differs off course, but I'd go for hot meals all over....also, I'd go for freeze dried like Real turmat or Bla band - I am lazy, it is temp independent and it is easy to calculate the amount of energy....well various kinds of lazy, really...

Sardines....well....nah...

Greger

WOW, those Real Turmat are pricey, £10 up over for a meal, and not a 'proper' one at that :D

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Indeed! I have built a dehumidifyer to be able to get a more wallet-friendly meal....but my design nees some remodelling and I am having a hard time to find time for it...

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Indeed! I have built a dehumidifyer to be able to get a more wallet-friendly meal....but my design nees some remodelling and I am having a hard time to find time for it...

I have thought about dehydrating for some time, to be honest, I don't think my pack load will be that heavy, tent, stove and sleeping comes in at under 15kg, I'll have two large kit bags and hand luggage, I don't think space will be an issue ?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Dont forget nice clean clothes for around the town at the end. Pair of boots and jeans for on the pull....😂😂😂😂😂

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Dont forget nice clean clothes for around the town at the end. Pair of boots and jeans for on the pull....����������

I was going for the rough look :puppy_dog

I guess the air line might have volume constraints?

From what I can see at the moment, and it's patchy (anyone got any info) they seem to be good on that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE