Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ok so far Ive got

Porridge packets.
Dried Tomato Powder [delicious sprinkled on fried eggs]
Ova Easy Egg Crystals x12
Ill be buying bacon over there.
Ash has also bought the same, so were on for fried eggs and bacon, and tomato every morning, or porridge for me, with dried fruits and nuts.

Gorp. Just make some up. Oat Bars from sports pursuit.

Possibly roasted Ptarmigan. :)

Teabags, milk powder, Satvia.

Few freeze dried spaghetti meals, as a back up. Just pout hot water into the sachet and seal it and leave for 7 minutes.
These taste better if I add some dehydrated minced beef and chilli powder.

I think I'd prefer real meat over hot dogs [with pasta]. But whatever. Not too fussy. But a bit cautious, as Im happy eating most stuff, but the food we had in Sweden on the course was bloody awful tbh. Especially their sausages/hot dogs, I dont even know what they were, but the huskies were eating the same thing.
Cous Cous? I'll give it a go! :)

Meat and Veg and some Carbs really.

Oh yeh, just seen Chris's post, hot chocolate definitely. :) THis Stuffs delicious, just made with water.

Also, if i can get em, boxes of frozen lingonberries, with full fat [no carbs] 30% fat creme freche. yum yum.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I've been looking but haven't made a list of foods yet, some nice mountain house freeze dried may make up part of it, no matter what though, chorizo I'd on the menu I'll be taking a fair few of them, they go with most meals :D

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is the third pair of over boots ordered now, hopefully these ones will fit. I decide to get some motorcycle overboots made from latex, as the surplus ones just didnt fit properly, and tingley rubber overboots are £50.

s-l400.jpg

Idea being, Ill just switch my mesh insoles +/- wool felt insoles, into these, along with felt liners and two pairs swedish socks. Basically, switch the insides of the mukluks into these rubber over boots.

It would be way better if there were somewhere local to go try a pair on.

These are the snowshoes I got:
s-l1600.jpg

Theyre not bad actually. Or at least they look ok. Not sure about that click up heel thing. And i hope they dont give me foot cramp on the flats.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
What are people planning on doing, taking supplies for the whole trip or restock once we're in Jokkmokk ? are there many places to buy supplies there ? I know it's only 4 days extra food, but then it's hauling it twice,seems a bit daft if we can buy once back in town :) Also, how well do fresh vegetables keep on the trail / in camp, reading a few stories that say they don't last that well. so buy and use fresh first then onto dried stuffs or what's the thinking !!!

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Well stuff should freeze easy enough if you want it to. But food for the last few days i will just eat out or buy from the shops what i need. I will be taking a tone of food as it is mate...😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Due to the market should be lots of stalls around that kind of thing i would think. Raindeer meat i hope..😃😃😃 nom nom nom...👍👍👍

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yeh, food from stalls, reindeer meat, I got sandwiches in the hotel I was staying in. I only checked out the lower part of town. Clothes shops, a silversmiths, a sami boutique shop, chemist, stuff like that. I dont think we'll find a chippy.

Here we go

[h=2]CHEAP JOKKMOKK RESTAUTANTS[/h]Buffe Trädet
Kowloon Restaurant
Thai Muang Isaan Restaurant
Smedjan Restaurant

Why not try then a freshly baked pizza at Lilla Paradiset? Here’s a little secret. They have a delicious one served with rendeer meat and lingonberries jam.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Well stuff should freeze easy enough if you want it to. But food for the last few days i will just eat out or buy from the shops what i need. I will be taking a tone of food as it is mate...����������

That was my thinking, just reading that fresh food spoils quicker, but our outhouse will be a freezer so a bit confused ?

Due to the market should be lots of stalls around that kind of thing i would think. Raindeer meat i hope..������ nom nom nom...������

Yeah but they're going to charge top dollar mate, super market rations lol

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You're in a freezer bud. Bag of mixed veg will stay frozen no problem. :)

I just had a looksie at those restaraunts, and its about £7-£10 average meal and a coffee it seems.

That pizza sounds good....:D

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
You're in a freezer bud. Bag of mixed veg will stay frozen no problem. :)

I just had a looksie at those restaraunts, and its about £7-£10 average meal and a coffee it seems.

Re: Vegetables, thanks, that's what I thought :)

Re: Restaurant, I can feed myself for a day for that :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE