Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Just to let you know, we are using our top pitch now which is closer to the farm. I will be on site to welcome you guys in. We have a car park area next to the pitch so not far to bring kit in.

Small group tarp will be up and a fire on the go. See you all soon.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Just to let you know, we are using our top pitch now which is closer to the farm. I will be on site to welcome you guys in. We have a car park area next to the pitch so not far to bring kit in.

Small group tarp will be up and a fire on the go. See you all soon.

Good stuff, see you tomorrow :)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Cool beans. See you in the afternoon. Im bringing steaks chicken sausage and bacon...😆😆😆😆

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Had a dentist appointment yesterday, he went at me with a black and decker.........:vio:

Ash has a hospital appointment, so wont be there till evening.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Home safe and sound, sorry I had to bail early, good to meet you all, thanks to Pete for organising it and for the kit, and for the mountainman breakfast, cooking and everything else :) thanks to all for the drinks, thanks to Lannyman for feeding us lol a good weekend sort out, thanks to everyone, cracking weekend :D

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Yep awesome weekend. Thanks to all. Looking like its going to be a good time in Sweden had by all. If i can find some bloomin boots...

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Right, been looking at the Bear Paws snowshoes and I'm thinking " I can make something like that " looking on the web there are a fair few how to do's, I'm liking the pvc type, has anyone made any ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yeh, learnt some good stuff there, made some new mates, met some old.....:thankyou:

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 16.34.46.jpg

This red line is the spot where the bus stops, in Vietas at the narrowest point of the river, with an island in the middle.

We can make our way up the south coast after crossing. There are even some small mountains withinreach if we wanted to do a day excursion.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍 mountains sound good to me.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Al, Pete said he will be making some in country to test skills ect. You can use birch branches. Of course a tried and tested set would be best. If your going to make some why not use ally tube so they are more oval shaped???

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Just had a look at copper pipe which is ready to go with elbow joints ready to be soldered which can be done for about £15 for a set. But thats ebay so probley get some cheeper from a plumbing shop. All you would need then is bindings and some cordage ect to make the meat of the snow shoe. Bit of solder and a blow torch or gas stove would work. Jobs a gooden. Beggining to think i should have done this.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yeh, learnt some good stuff there, made some new mates, met some old.....:thankyou:

This red line is the spot where the bus stops, in Vietas at the narrowest point of the river, with an island in the middle.

We can make our way up the south coast after crossing. There are even some small mountains within reach if we wanted to do a day excursion.

That is all good to me mate :D

Just had a look at copper pipe which is ready to go with elbow joints ready to be soldered which can be done for about £15 for a set. But thats ebay so probley get some cheeper from a plumbing shop. All you would need then is bindings and some cordage ect to make the meat of the snow shoe. Bit of solder and a blow torch or gas stove would work. Jobs a gooden. Beggining to think i should have done this.

Yeah, copper is an option you have a p.m. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE