One for the stovies

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I have recently bought a Primus express spider that runs on gas(cracking little stove).It can be used with the gas canister inverted so that liquid fuel flows through the pre heating tube and vapourises before it comes out of the jet and into the burner head.This is great in really cold weather.
I have also seen the Primus express lander that runs on liquid fuel.This one works by letting liquid fuel pass through the pre heating tube so that it vapourises before passing through the jet and onto the burner.

You can see where this is going.:)

Having examined very carefully the two stoves it seems to me that they are identical in every way(I'm not sure about the jet size).

So, ignoring the jet size for a minute is it possible that the stoves are identical and can be used with either gas or liquid fuel?

Also Primus are soon releasing an express lander multi fuel stove and as far as I can tell the only difference between this and the other two is the addition of a flame retarder over the holes on the mixing tube.

I'm thinking of buying a primus ergopump and fuel bottle to see if I can use my spider with gas and liquid fuel,or am I wasting my time?

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Will probably work.
Won't probably work very well.

If the jet is the same as the gravity jet then get a set of jets and it will probably work much better

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE