Pot stand for a Trangia burner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
One of my neighbours wants to go alone for a long summer tour through west Europe. A road trip with wild camping in the car and additional a little tent using camping sites.

The guy is relatively old and has a classical outdoor education, used to NVA equipment and east German civil stuff. But he has absolutely no camping equipment left over.

Because he hasn't so much money I want to recommend him a Lixada 750 ml stainless steel mug with bail and butterfly handles and a Pathfinder Bushpot 1800 ml that allow him to cook in barbecue areas over wood fire and to eat and drink directly from the pots without using a table and additional a Trangia burner, because spiritus is after collected wood the cheapest fuel that he can get.
Weight doesn't matter but because he intends to sleep in the car compactness is relevant.

Which pot stands do you recommend in conjunction with a Trangia burner?

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
How about one of these
I have a similar one in titanium for an evernew burner.

Reactions: Erbswurst

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
The trangia 25 is a great set. It's on the big size, but when you realise that you get two pans, a frying pan, a kettle, windshield and burner all in the same volume it makes a lot of sense. One of those large fold-a-cups fits in the kettle too, and the burner inside that. Brilliant bit of kit that I've used probably 100 times since I got it late last year.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I don't like such pot pliers.

I recommend to hold the pot in the left and the spoon in the right hand.

Or to drink directly from the cooking mug.

If you travel alone it reduces the washing up significantly.

Last edited:

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I have this type of stand:
713a7PvQLoL._SL1500_.jpg

...which is light, relatively compact and fine for a kettle or pot but the Lixada 750ml cup slips inside the stand, making it useless for that. In theory you can use it upside down for cups but in practice it snuffs out the flame. So I also have a cross shaped stand like this:
70ml-Titanium-Alcohol-Stove-Camp-Stoves-Outdoor-Camping-Hiking-Mini-Liquid-Alcohol-Stove-Ultra...jpg

...which will support the Lixada cup and fits inside the first stand so the whole lot can work together. Some form of wind protection is also necessary but that can be cobbled together from other kit. Speaking of pliers, I literally use bent needle nose pliers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't offer any advice on the pot stand, apart from make sure it's stable, but a folding wind shield is an awfully useful bit of kit with a small stove.

Like this.

1647209044205.png

Reactions: TLM and Erbswurst

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I don't like such pot pliers.

I recommend to hold the pot in the left and the spoon in the right hand.

Or to drink directly from the cooking mug.

If you travel alone it reduces the washing up significantly.
Hold a 1.7 litres pot by the wire and eat out of eat? I hope you recommended a very long spoon!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
What do you all think about the Miltec pot stand?

Modchop

Oct 17, 2013
Shropshire
I use the Trangia ‘Triangle’ but there are plenty of aftermarket versions on offer these days for not much money.
My only caveat would be to check the diameter of the pot you’ll be using as if it’s too slim you’d also need a couple of steel tent pegs/nails.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I've always liked the simplicity of those cross-shaped stands that sit on the stove, but...how do you snuff out the flames after the pot has boiled to save any excess fuel?
Is it just a case of finding a twig to flip the stand off and then putting the cover on the stove to snuff it out, or is there some other way?

Reactions: Erbswurst and Rizla

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE