Omnia oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi Toddy,

Looking at the design I see no reason as to why it shouldn't work over a small stove, with a windshield.

My only concern would be fuel consumption tho - I presume small stove equates to limited resources?

Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thanks Simon :)
I was actually looking at them from two viewpoints. Cooking inside a small tepee and for a friend who lives in a van as she travels the country visiting, working, etc.,
I just wondered if anyone had actually used one and then got to thinking about the design, it can't be beyond mortal wit to construct, but it might make an excellent cooking pot / bannock baker. The heat seems to be central, like a kelly kettle.

cheers,
Toddy

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Use a trangia burner with simmer cap half way open and the pot stand that looks like a cup upside down

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Has anyone any experience of these? They sound ideal for cooking bread, etc.,
Im wondering how they'd do over a small stove :dunno: http://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/ProductDetailsPage.aspx?product_id=21055

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Usual disclaimers

Toddy, the are quite small and remember whatever you bake will come out like a big ring doughnut. How about a fold flat Coleman oven, they really do fold flat
http://www.4x4touring-gear.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=559

Some pictures in action (not mine, a fellow stove collector), click on image

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm, very nice, inside the geodesic dome maybe, but I was hoping for small, safe and easily stored, that's why the boat stuff.
The doughnut's not really a problem, it's only to feed one or two of us. The little girdle is fine for scones, oatcakes and bannocks but it's not so handy for cooking under cover. I wondered whether the pot would do better.

Incidentally, I've been clearing the loft and I've come across a box with an old brass primus in it, about 8" high and the same across, and a little tin with another miniature version in it tucked into the same box...probably best in a new thread.

atb,
mary

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hmmm, very nice, inside the geodesic dome maybe, but I was hoping for small, safe and easily stored, that's why the boat stuff.
The doughnut's not really a problem, it's only to feed one or two of us. The little girdle is fine for scones, oatcakes and bannocks but it's not so handy for cooking under cover. I wondered whether the pot would do better.

Incidentally, I've been clearing the loft and I've come across a box with an old brass primus in it, about 8" high and the same across, and a little tin with another miniature version in it tucked into the same box...probably best in a new thread.

atb,
mary

Fold the Coleman oven flat and it won't take up anymore space than the doughnut oven, plus your new found Primus would work great with it:) PM me if you need help with the Primus stoves

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't know. The friend who was living in her van .....and it got truly miserable at times.....ended up moving to New Zealand. That year was bitterly cold if I remember correctly. I know she phoned me from way up north to tell me that she was up past her knees in snow, and sort of stranded, but oh, it was beautiful :rolleyes2:
We never did get around to playing with the oven thing.

Reactions: TeeDee

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Also interested in these- however have seen a winnerwell oven that fits in the flue section of a wood stove (it doesnt fold up either) so undecided on which to get. Apparently controlling the temperature on the winnerwell version is simple, but I am unsure

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
You can now get various liners for them that mean you get other-than doughnut shapes out of them :) We considered these as an alternative for our Dutch Oven when trekking in the Land Rover but ended up sticking with what we had.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE