Old Alcohol stoves?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
1,539
0
North Yorkshire
I saved two of these little alcohol stove from going in the skip when they sorted out our Scout hut. They are like a paint can with a lid that holds the lid in the alcohol stove.

A 12cm Zebra billy just fits nicely.

Does anyone know what make they are or hold old they are (I found one on Ebay saying WW2)?

Cheers Rich



 
I have a couple of those, one maker is Handiware. I think another was Ideal Express.
Well done for rescuing them, I still use mine for a brew when out on a bimble.
 
Bought one in Woolworths for half a crown. Used it for years. Would love another.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE