Oh Dear !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
OMG
not aggression - aggression is punching someone
not stressed, just disagreeing
and Bill - as you well know - i do understand, i just don't agree - you always have to label indifference as ignorance -
if you don't want to be put down, post somewhere else

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I don't necessarily agree with anything anyone on this thread is saying but it's doing no harm so why stress over it.

There are plenty of things worth getting upset about but I don't see anything going on here other than people chatting about their belief systems, which all seem a bit outdated in my opinion anyway.

Log off and go and enjoy yourselves doing something worthwhile, live is just too short in my opinion.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
OMG
not aggression - aggression is punching someone
not stressed, just disagreeing
and Bill - as you well know - i do understand, i just don't agree - you always have to label indifference as ignorance -
if you don't want to be put down, post somewhere else

Oh it does not bother me either way mate weather people put me down, i don't understand why folk get so wound up over it and start showing their true character. But it certainly doesnt offend nor bother me in the slightest. If thats who you are then thats who you are.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Let's get this all in perspective. To quote John Locke "are you a man of science Jack, or are you a man of faith?".

Now, I am a man of science who would at times of extreme sadness and confusion, wish I had a faith. Science offers no hope for the individual, no destiny, no karma, only what is. Depressing, yeah. What is life without hope?

What this thread has, is the opportunity to debate those issues, so let us stick to debating the faiths and the facts and not the people who post their ideas. This is the 'Other Chatter' thread, perfect place for it.

I can't fully grasp the theory that HB is adhering to here, and as I am a man of science and experience, it certainly goes against the grain to throw myself into these theories, but I have an open mind and am willing to investigate to improve what I think is right or wrong.

Bill comes out with some bizarre stuff, and its fascinating, but there is no reason to abuse him, the threads are good natured.
Lets not spoil it.

Its good to have people that see things from a different angle, no matter how obtuse that angle will be

Have a go at his theories, but there is no need to have a go at the man.
I like his threads. Livens the place up a bit.
:pokenest:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Why is pony fascinating? As far as I’m concerned every 2 page post smacks of arrogance and ego.

He talks about long dead civilisation like he’s lived there - claims to be the ONLY person to be able to read a language yet has never provided us with any peer reviewed publications explaining anything he says at all.

Claiming he has no peers is the most ridiculous arrogance ever. Self taught my ****.

I have no problem reading about peoples ideas and theories, what someone want to believe is up to them. But stating things as Truths while patting our heads because we don’t ‘get’ it does wind me up. Its no different to religious fundamentalism.

I look forward to the end of 2012 where he and his ‘truths’ disappear into the ether.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Apart from the aggression I think this is all entertaining stuff.:)

Maybe, but if you are taking physics at a higher level of education, I wouldn't include any of this in your thesis! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Let's get this all in perspective. To quote John Locke "are you a man of science Jack, or are you a man of faith?".

Now, I am a man of science who would at times of extreme sadness and confusion, wish I had a faith. Science offers no hope for the individual, no destiny, no karma, only what is. Depressing, yeah. What is life without hope?

What this thread has, is the opportunity to debate those issues, so let us stick to debating the faiths and the facts and not the people who post their ideas. This is the 'Other Chatter' thread, perfect place for it.

I can't fully grasp the theory that HB is adhering to here, and as I am a man of science and experience, it certainly goes against the grain to throw myself into these theories, but I have an open mind and am willing to investigate to improve what I think is right or wrong.

Bill comes out with some bizarre stuff, and its fascinating, but there is no reason to abuse him, the threads are good natured.
Lets not spoil it.

Its good to have people that see things from a different angle, no matter how obtuse that angle will be

Have a go at his theories, but there is no need to have a go at the man.
I like his threads. Livens the place up a bit.
:pokenest:

:approve: :D

cheers,
Toddy

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Only person who can read them? If i come across with arrogance and ego like you claim, then you come across as the most ignorant person on the forum. Plenty of folk can read the language mate, just not you. Peers? What you mean like saying someone is better than me? Well you are right i have no peers, just equals. as we are all equal no matter how inflated an opinion you have of yourself. You are full of hot air Corso, both here and on BB you are a rude, ignorant, unthinking guy.

It aint my fault if you dont understand it mate, you have to many pre concieved judgements and principles that you will never get rid of, i feel sorry for you as you will never grow from what you are. Life without growth is no life at all. Now go enjoy what you have while you have it, learn how to think for yourself and you will see the truth of my words.

Oh and for the 1000th time deaf lad, no end of world in 2012, you cant even get that right, pre judgements don't do you any favours dude. They just blind you to everything else.

Why is pony fascinating? As far as I’m concerned every 2 page post smacks of arrogance and ego.

He talks about long dead civilisation like he’s lived there - claims to be the ONLY person to be able to read a language yet has never provided us with any peer reviewed publications explaining anything he says at all.

Claiming he has no peers is the most ridiculous arrogance ever. Self taught my ****.

I have no problem reading about peoples ideas and theories, what someone want to believe is up to them. But stating things as Truths while patting our heads because we don’t ‘get’ it does wind me up. Its no different to religious fundamentalism.

I look forward to the end of 2012 where he and his ‘truths’ disappear into the ether.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Only person who can read them? If i come across with arrogance and ego like you claim, then you come across as the most ignorant person on the forum. Plenty of folk can read the language mate, just not you. Peers? What you mean like saying someone is better than me? Well you are right i have no peers, just equals. as we are all equal no matter how inflated an opinion you have of yourself. You are full of hot air Corso, both here and on BB you are a rude, ignorant, unthinking guy.

It aint my fault if you dont understand it mate, you have to many pre concieved judgements and principles that you will never get rid of, i feel sorry for you as you will never grow from what you are. Life without growth is no life at all. Now go enjoy what you have while you have it, learn how to think for yourself and you will see the truth of my words.

Oh and for the 1000th time deaf lad, no end of world in 2012, you cant even get that right, pre judgements don't do you any favours dude. They just blind you to everything else.

Bill - as usual, you have presented nothing to understand, except ironically, your last sentence of your first paragraph - Corso is a well-respected member on BB, and you will not find a single post where he is rude to anyone- unless he's posted on one of your famous tirades into the uninteresting.
as usual - if someone doesn't agree, all you say is 'not my fault if you don't understand' - always belittling the other person - i say again - ignorance and indifference are not the same.
my attitude towards you stems from your ramblings on BB - but yet to anyone who hasn't had the 'pleasure' of your monologues here, you have been equally offhand and dismissive.
if you want people to collectively gasp in amazement - find a better forum.
i've checked the news online - nothing happened of note in any ocean (oddly enough) - yet you won't mention that, as it fails to reinforce your outer-fringe soliloquies. speculation, not confirmation - as usual.
you are a child in a mans body, and consistently behave as such.
i eagerly await the locking of this thread

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
you could wait for this thread to be locked or just ignore it and let the rest of us banter on harmlessly. :240:

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
you could wait for this thread to be locked or just ignore it and let the rest of us banter on harmlessly. :240:

the problem with that is that Bill insults people i hold in high regard, and know a great deal better than Bill and his squad of keyboard commandos. is Bill bantering? every action has a reaction - posting this garbage here gets this reaction
get back on the fence mate

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
LOL and the message will change again and again so it fits in with your need to be right.

Peer - A peer a group of people of the same status,ability, background etc.

Ignorance - uninformed, how on earth would you know you dont know my background. my life expeirience or educational background.

seriously for someone who reconds he can read long dead languages you need to work on English definitions, it might affect the translations?

I have to laugh though. If I don’t sign up to your mumbo jumbo I must be ignorant. Stick some ACTUAL science in your ‘truths’ and I might start listening, but until then what your spouting is just false Rhetoric.

I can’t be arsed tolling through the old threads to find posts where YOU say you are the only one who fully understands the writings and the other experts are Wrong, but there were plenty of them on BB. I simply asked you for some published peer reviewed evidence and you ignored me time and time again.

Others have posted asking for you to explain how scientific theories which are commonly accepted fit in with your ‘truth’ but you ignore those too.

I wonder why…

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
We owe almost all our knowledge, not to those who have agreed, but to those who have differed. (Colton)

Thats why I like Bill's threads, I don't subscribe to his theories but at least he is brave enough to take stick for his own original thought. You're just picking a fight, there is no need.

If Bill was in a forest talking nonsense and there wasn't a gorilla there to hear it, would anyone get annoyed?

Go and read something else, I want to know what Bill has to say about oceanic occurences last night. It should be worth a laugh.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
locum - i take your points, but i am not picking a fight, and i am not annoyed - i am just reacting to his posts through the medium of typing. i can appreciate the fact that you enjoy the novelty value, but if, like me and others, you'd endured this kind of thing on other forums ad nauseum, you wouldn't care to read again. i know i could ignore it, but in the same way that Bill has to spout his views, and he has the right to rebuke others rudely, why can i not do the same?
he always plays the victim, and his threads always get locked.
out of respect to you, however, i shall bow out of this thread, and it's siblings, and leave you to watch Rome burn.
enjoy :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
We owe almost all our knowledge, not to those who have agreed, but to those who have differed. (Colton)

Thats why I like Bill's threads, I don't subscribe to his theories but at least he is brave enough to take stick for his own original thought. You're just picking a fight, there is no need.

If Bill was in a forest talking nonsense and there wasn't a gorilla there to hear it, would anyone get annoyed?

Go and read something else, I want to know what Bill has to say about oceanic occurences last night. It should be worth a laugh.

not annoyed here either but I do object to HB's attitude. He doesn’t even have the humility to start his threads with ‘this is a theory I have been studying’ he posts with his absolute truths, and demand we listen and appreciate his ramblings as some kind of prophet, when questioned we are the fools for not understanding his teachings.

but something in me makes me feel this is exaclty the reaction he wants so I too am moving on.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
the problem with that is that Bill insults people i hold in high regard, and know a great deal better than Bill and his squad of keyboard commandos. is Bill bantering? every action has a reaction - posting this garbage here gets this reaction
get back on the fence mate

Keep posting things along these lines mate, show everyone what you are. You only hurt yourself by trying to hurt me, Go on keep it up i await your next tirade with eager anticipation, what folk have said about you is right, its better just to ignore than inflame.

Still you and your BB schoolyard bullyboys antics won't work, because you are nothing but words on a screen mate. If you would like my address, just drop me a PM and we can have a "chat" in person. Of course i very much doubt a man of your superior chest beating nature is affraid of a little "chat" in person are you mate? I mean i am obviously inferior to you, i must be because i have my own opinions and don't mock others opinions. Which obviously makes you the better person doesn't it mate?

Do you feel good about it? Does it give your ego a stiffy? Or will you go back to your other forum telling of your rampant conquest through the ranks of us obvious muppets on BCUK?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE