Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
heres where we're meeting

whitlingham_video_map_650.jpg

we're meeting at the "P"(carpark) on the right of the picture (between 5 & 6)
from Norwich bypass take the A146 into Norwich take a right onto the ringroad, take a right at the roundabout (towards trowse), you cross 3 bridges take a left oposite the small church into a tree lined road(whitlingham lane.,

follow whitlingham lane from trowse(keep going it's long!) past open fields and lakes till you go round a few sharp bends on the left will be a river with cut grass on the right will be a large carpark

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:D
Hi all!
we had a nice meetup
Kev-B, Jay-Jay,and myself.

My camera didn't work but Jay Jay's did so hopefully we'll see the results soon!

we spent the afternoon at the secret coppicing area, Kev-B made a fire and cooked up some Wood pigeon some pan cooked the other on a Hazel skewer!

DEElisious! :approve:

after playing tents/bashas with Jay-Jay, after a cuppa we walked around the area where we discovered we knew less about funghi than we thought, and that it was colder than we first realised.

I spotted some reedmace which is a good tinder but never have i seen it burn so well, Kev-B helpped us here (anyone know if he's an arsonist? ;) )
hopefully the pictures will show enough

great time :D

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Thanks for organising the afternoon Rich and good to meet you Jay Jay. It's always good to get out with others to confirm what you think you know and to learn that you dont know what you think !
The Catstail was quite impressive wasn't it guys although I do lack any eyebrows now!

Good to know that JayJay was in the fire cadets though eh Rich ?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
just copied the photos to the thread:

x1pdXMbD-RMMPxMDaydhB5pnXUqeWD1ZpLpo-Og3VmbVjUsHXG0ZFfx_l7byHdoW-egcL5tSr7FsyUoTSMw1mdbE4p6Yfzi9AmhsDgpAqULth8

Me RAPPLEBY2000, Jay Jay standing and Kev-B front.

x1pdXMbD-RMMPxMDaydhB5pnbR4RkPXIMEzlm-P_Kr9e8DLRrolIzQpA_BaGChYLlh_cryIVPD33gmbZjLjEzL218yMiL9f5uplnug783kyBV8

Kev lighting the fire bush style, from tinder collected on route!

x1pdXMbD-RMMPxMDaydhB5pnUeZPsHC85MVoe_o529X26XgFXjqlbsc6Mw1Ot9wk70_lwLCoQlht0k7v8r5A1sWfMAhLPPcDcdIQ7ntzhJJrjE

Kev chopping up Wood Pigeion (very tastey, a bit like pork chop!)

x1pdXMbD-RMMPxMDaydhB5pnQw3lpbwI_e9TbFbZyKySwUBeCp4eopQuc-NcnDbWNB3yCBqSuYpTPApHY0FZNNmG2ocl2Zg1MItVVKLMNWRD3U

Kev cooking for us,note the Kebabs and pan frying!

x1pdXMbD-RMMPxMDaydhB5pnc-F8PAbQ8vPoIbS1AIXkz0DcolEe1dC_SdGF_eAfGXKlXPsgg_dm8Jk0MzMhZx8pgoeLW9IR3S4tLh0q1lkDfQ

the surprisingly flamable reed mace/bull rush, unfortunately the picture does it no justice, you had to be there, suffice to say that the pile is a good 12" across!

:You_Rock_ cheers for the photos Jay Jay!!! :You_Rock_

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
from the pics/post, it look like you had a great day, :( better than me with my cadets and their drill training, :(

when is the next meet

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Glad you guys had a good day out. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one. And we'll have to sort out an overnighter soon.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Aaah I thought I didn't get back on the train in time. I should read the forum more - I didn't realise it was 1pm! And I even had a lovely brand new camera to try out. Coulda brought a g4gb chartube and my knife I just finished.

I'll be there for sure next time :).

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
sorry we missed you biddle's :(

as the weather seems to be getting warmer already prehaps we should try an over nighter? or anyone fancy a late night hike?

ok this isn't a problem, but it needs to be sorted for everyones benefit.
we need to be more aware when people are available and/or interested in meeting up, i know that there are several people watching the thread that are waiting for others to make the first move. :rolleyes:
the problem with that is that if i don't see any interest we have to cancell meetups :( . i have no problem in people pulling out at the last minute i've had to do it myself a few times, life does get in the way sometimes!)

even if you are only seeing who else is on the thread post a "hi" just so we know you are around, and interested in the group and prehaps we can meet at your neck of the woods next meet! :beerchug:

Cheers
Rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
the group is not just Norfolk it's whoever wants to come along, Jason sears from the Bucks group has asked us if we want to meet their lot!
:rolleyes:
so ady05 you really want a list of all the people?

(what you have to remember is that there are always problems getting everyone to get the same time off.
some of us are working away, one of us (for example) works offshore so he can't get to meetups easily.
for others this area is their home but they are studying or working away but would like to get involved ASAP.)

ady05
Biddlesby
billycan
Cronos
Damascus
Dino
Gearguru
Jay-Jay
jo-jo
Kev-B
Kimboko
leon-b
Longstrider
lord lurcher
Kane
Pauli
RAPPLEBY2000 (me)
RayS
Sam1
sandspec
Snufkin
thomasturnbull
weekender
westnorfolk

so that's 24 people including your goodself ady05! ;)

Long list isn't it! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE