Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
KevB said:
Hi Guys

Good to see you are still trying to get together. Would like to make it on the 3rd but am tied up a.m.
May be able to get over to see you in the afternoon. Could give you a lift JoJo if you are prepared to make it a half day.

Kev

Hi KevB. Yes that would be good. My car is dead :eek: and although we got another one, my wife needs it more than I do!!! so half day is good by me. Just let me know if you can make it and at what time you can pick me up and I'll be ready. :You_Rock_

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
ok those available on the 3rd, i'll take you to the coppicing site!
the tapping site is not in the same area though i'm sure we could use the coppicing site

the meet up point is whitlingham lane carpark the large one on the right where we met before, the coppicing area is a short distance away but i want to keep it's location secret or it could be abused.

If we make it a whole day or pm meet then the others (Kev B, jo jo)can join us too!

bring your sarnies or bushcraft menu, and bring stuff along you want to show off or try out!

snufkin tell us when you're free ad we'll go for a bimble! ;)

just as a warning i have a feeling the site may be quite muddy compared to other sites we've been to!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
i want to keep it's location secret or it could be abused.
I have visions of Lord Lurcher blindfolded and you screaming "Left I SAID LEFT!!! " :lmao:
I'm up for bimbling on fridays, and sundays too (with a bit of notice). However, we had alot of trees down in the gales at Bacton Woods so I'll be trail clearing/rerouting for the next couple of weeks. There's probably over a hundred trees down :( .

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I have visions of Lord Lurcher blindfolded and you screaming "Left I SAID LEFT!!! "
:lmao: erm....yes :rolleyes:

:eek: wow that's alot of trees!
the storms must have hit the coast pretty hard!

fridays i'm busy, sundays pm are good for me.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
:eek: wow that's alot of trees!
the storms must have hit the coast pretty hard!

fridays i'm busy, sundays pm are good for me.
It was'nt so much it was hard, it's just that last year FE block felled the windbreak and the trees started dominoeing :( .
I may have some holiday to use up before april so we'll have do sort out another weekender or an overnighter midweek.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
hi guy's i'm having a outdoor gear clear out some of which may interest you, i'll give you guy's first dibs before offering it to the local surplus stores.

when i've figured out what i have i'll take photos so for anyone else in the group that's interested.
(if i can i want to swap/sell locally because most of it is big stuff like an external frame rucksack that would cost loads in post).

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
(I'll put this in the swaps area of the forum this evening but wanted you guys to get first dibs!)
i have some gear that is taking up valuable space, that either i can swap or exchange. all of it is good hardly used condition (unless stated)
this is open to the east anglia region only as postal prices would be huge :eek: !!

Black Arktis side pouch (it zips onto PLCE bergen/side pouch) with a single shoulder strap, as new.it does not have the QR clips found on PLCE but i've added 4 QR clips if you want to fix some on.

Dry suit (red) (slightly too small for me I’m 6ft and quite overweight) needs new wrist seals but otherwise fine (usable as it is!)and ideal for canoeing!)

Dutch army roll mat same as british one but thicker and softer. (good condition)

wet suit boots size 11 (46/47) (hardly used)

rockclimbing shoes/boots size 11 (46)(hardly used)

meraklon sleeping bag liner blue (well used but functional)

Petzl zoom head torch purple/black(with removable AA battery adapter(need new strap but in working order)

PLCE waterbottle pouch (painted black otherwise unused)

a USA black nylon water carrier/bladder like an early camelbak (used condition needs some work)

US Gregory external frame rucksack, identical to this(not the same one though):
Gregory external frame rucksack

Terranova/wildcountry quasar, two man 4 season tent, no poles or pegs, well used, and some parts need replacing/fixing but it has plenty of life left in it.
terranova site
cream/sand colour flysheet, cream/sand inner with olive green fixtures
this has been the tent used on serious expeditions for years, it's a tent reccomended by Ray mears , and shown on the film "Touching the void"
(i was given it and intended to fix it as i know how damn good they are, but don't have the time/money to do it properly) i've included some cheep glassfibre poles but it really needs proper alloy ones!)

not sure how much it's all worth swap wise but i need to free up the space.

stuff i'm after
any Genuine survival equipment(i've a collection),
genuine MoD basha(any condition),
a Green PLCE utility/waterbottle pouch(not camo, new or used i don't mind)
a Buro( :rolleyes: seroiusly i need one for our new house)
or make me an offer ;)

cheers
Richard

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
hi,

i have only just joined bushcraft uk, and i live in lowestoft and i was wondering if any of you are meeting up in march/april and would it be possible for me to come along. i let you know now that the bushcraft i have done was with the scout, which was over 20 years ago, but i have over 20 years of experince in backpacking/mountaineering and i fancy learning bushcraft.

Dino

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:)
definitely mate!
you are welcome to join us, we are meeting this saturday if you can make it!

we were considering a lowerstoft area meet at some point too!

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Dino
I hope to be going over from Lowestoft and giving JoJo a lift. Can fit you in as well if you want but dont know what time I'll be leaving yet (see above). If you want to share a lift PM me your mobile/landline number and I'll get in touch with details when I know.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi guys

:( sorry, i cannot make this saturday, as i am helping out with the sea cadets all weekend :argue: , but if you got another meet, please let me known the date and i be there. :rolleyes:

Dino

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Rich
Did you get my PM? I,m coming over with JoJo but am not sure exactly where the car park is or how to contact you if you are already on site.

JoJo
Will pick you up around 10.30 am if thats OK

Kev

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Sadly lord lurcher can't join us either :(

at the moment it looks like those coming are:

Myself
Biddlesby and KevB

Biddlesby and KevB can you confirm?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
also what's the best time to meet I think you KevB mentioned afternoon.

how about we meet at 1pm?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE