North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The weather looks OK for the weekend.

Cooler and cloudier than of late but little rain until Monday afternoon.... :beerchug:

Of course that's not including the temptation of 30 - 40 bushcrafters to rain on, so we'll see what happens..... :umbrella:

Night temperatures are predicted at around freezing point by the way so a chance to try out that warm sleeping bag and underblanket..... ;)

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Change of plans for Kalahari this weekend so she won't be at the meet.

If anyone has a spare seat available I'd appreciate a lift. :drive:
I'm in Leeds but can jump on public transport if needed to meet up.

Just bought a new battery for the digital camera so looking forward to learning plenty of new stuff.

Cheers
Stuart

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I might have missed it, but was was the score with fires on this site? Is there gonna be a communal fire pit, or do we need to bring stoves of some sort? What with a dodgy internet connection and a huge thread, I can't seem to find the answer so I hope somebody can answer this one!

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Steve has it right about the fires. No ground fires, but in the area we are using there are some concrete pads. There are plenty of half barrels on stands to use and there are a couple of big campfire circles, we MAY use one of these as a communal area, it depends on who else is there and other factors though.
So the upshot is you can cook on open fires, but it may be in a barrel.
There is usually a stock of firewood on site but the quality can be a bit dodgy for cookiing(old fences and sign posts covered in creosote), being a scout site every stick on the floor will have gone! If needed we can nip to some places I know nearby and collect some better quality firewood.

Mar 28, 2007
Leicestershire, England.
Hey, back from wales a few days earlier as girlfriend's sleeping bag not up to it, plus a blow-out on my mini. so came back and got it fixed. But I shall now be comeing on my own to Delamere. so see you tomorrow or saturday :D

Wolves. :D

S

shaunmcdonald

I think we will be seeing you all there, hopefully arriving friday teatime.

Gailainne

Life Member
I have my living room floor laid out with "first look" and it will probably all be going. Apart from a few bags of dried noodles and rice, no food as yet either.

So many new toys, from a new gps to a fire steel and (flint kindly donated by BR) to a DD hammock and KT tarp, never hung in anger...knots hmmm I have book here somewhere :eek: , heres hoping experienced minds will come to the rescue, or at least give informed advice whilst quafting the cider :beerchug: "You dont want to do it like that..you want to do it like this" :eek:

Unfortunately Ceggas new axe has'nt been posted as yet, but the waterstones are packed :), and I'm bring my sharps...well dulls :(

Damn I am REALLY looking forward to this weekend.

I'll be driving down from Central Scotland, starting about 12:00 (BTW anyone doing that route there are major road works south of Glasgow on the m74 I'm using the A702 from Edinburgh to miss it) so should get there somewhere around 15:00-15:30, dependant on traffic and sustained speed..would you believe I cant get there without a fuel stop, Live search "245 miles, 3hrs 37mins", ehh no chance, 3hrs 5 mins I predict.
I have taken a day so I will be staying over Sunday night, travelling home on the Monday, if thats okay.

Dizzy

Stephen

kaoss

May 8, 2006
Manchester
Darrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm!
due to work I will probably only make a one day visit saturday afternoon or sunday morning.

Looking forward to meeting you peeps though :D

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
:confused: :( well i was packt but sum scmmbag ******* ***** and other things i wont typ has broken in to my car and stolen my bag with all my stuff in so i will be a bit later and i wont be getin a bow coz i have to get new kit :sigh: :( :confused:

but hay **** hapens thay wont stop me havin fun arssis :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE