North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
OK, I booked it will you come?
I have booked Forest camp scout camp for a meet up on the weekend of 20-22 April. Details as previous meets only thing that has changed is the cost, it will now cost £4 per person per night.
For those that haven't been before Forest Camp is a scout camp just outside of Delamere Forest, it has full facilities (if required), plenty of camping space, a small lake, a larger lake just outside the boundary, mixed woodland with lots of birch, lots of rabbits and squirrells running round (despite fishabens best efforts ;) ), and the trees could have been planted with hammocks in mind!
Here is a link to previous meets, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=16225
Everyone is welcome, of all ages and abiliies/skills, it is primarily a social meet, with skills swapping going on rather than sitting down teaching/learning, but usually a few lessons happen.
Answers to FAQs about meet ups,
Yes you can sleep in a tent, but there is an extra charge for caravans :BlueTeamE
It doesn't matter if you have never been before,
Yes kids and dogs are welcome, as long as you keep them under control! But depending on staff on site they may have to stay on a lead :( (I don't take mine)
There will be someone to show you how to put up your new hammock/tarp, so bring it along, same goes for any new kit you aren't sure of!
You don't have to show up for all of it, just drop in if you want
Pay (me) on the day, just remember your wallet!!! ;)
You provide your own food, there is a shop/garage just up the road if you forget anything
I will post map and directions later, if anyone has questions or ideas ask away!

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
i will be there just a question of if it will be friday night to sunday or sataday morning
depends when i get away from work but i will be there :) :lmao: :You_Rock_ :buttkick:

PS
just a thort but will it be ok by the ranger or whatever thay are and if so will ppl be up for it to make a shelter and if suxsefull sleep in it just to have a go ??

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Did you ever hear from Tony re using Forest Camp as a possible venue for Bushmoot?
I emailed him but not heard anything back yet, so Tony?

ANy room for a (possible) interloper?
But its a local meet for local bushcrafters! ;)
Will be good to see you Red, I owe you a beer!

Do we have permission to try for some rabbits btw because I made the snares and can bring an air rifle ???
There is nobody to give permission for snaring, but I wouldn't mind taking a look at your snares ;) . It is a scout site so the air r*fle may cause more problems than it is worth. We may be able to sort out some archery though if you have bows.

what did everyone do about cooking last time, is it down to the individual to bring his/her own stove/trangia etc. and is drinking water available on site ?
Cooking is down to the individual, unless someone fancies doing a stew or something?(My cooking is horrendous!)
There are water points all round site and there are toilets/showers too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE