North Wales and Marches Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Myself and a couple of others from BCUK are planning a meet in an 18 acre wood (complete with its own spring) for the last weekend of October - Friday 26 to Sunday 28 - in the Vale of Llangollen (about 10 miles south and slightly west of Wrexham) and we wanted to gauge interest.

There's plenty of room for hammocks, fires are allowed, and we have the owners full permission. It shouldn't be more than £10 a night including parking - maybe less but I have to talk to the owner again about money and he has to talk to the farmer who is providing parking which is about a mile from the wood. We can ferry gear but would prefer it if you could travel as light as possible to save trips across the fields since we don't want to churn them up.

It's close to the A5 and the A483 which is easily reached from the M6 (north and south) and we can pick folk up from Wrexham bus and train station or Ruabon railway station.

Cheers
Lightfoot

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I live above Llangollen where abouts is this woodland that your meeting at as i would be interested in coming along

Send me a pm with your email/phone and I'll get in touch. We've got some interest from other local bushcrafters so maybe we'll do a small one night meet later in the month or early October. This will be for those who are willing to help set things up or who are interested in forming a local group.

We're talking with the owner about granting access to BCUK folk as and when they want it. When we've come to an agreement over when we can use it and which areas we can use we'll set up an online payment system/booking diary. It's a working wood so there will be some restrictions on availability and areas of access.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I think it sounds a really good idea and hope I can make it, if I can't this time(busy times:( ) I will definitely be interested in the future. An open access agreement would be great, it would involve a lot of trust about looking after the area but from my experiences of organising the NW meets it shouldn't be problem, it is a great bunch of people on here with a genuine interest in bushcrafti activities.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Busy times here too,
But if I can get away on another leave-pass, I'll be there.
Just in case the rest of the tribe want to come along too, is there room for a Tundra8 or is it all hammock pitches?

ATB

Ogri the trog

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
please count me in if pos i would love to come if you have know objections
would love to meet like minded people
regards Rat pac

No objections rat pac - you're very welcome. If you're local and want to check it out earlier (end of this month early October) then pm me as a few of us (with a view to forming a local group for regular skills development meets) might be going down to prepare the site.

Same invite for you too Backyard as Andy J has told me you're interested and that you live in the area.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Busy times here too,
But if I can get away on another leave-pass, I'll be there.
Just in case the rest of the tribe want to come along too, is there room for a Tundra8 or is it all hammock pitches?

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tundra 8 and other tents are welcome. If you do bring it I presume you'll need a lift from the car park to the site. Let me know nearer the time so we can arrange something.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I might be up for this one though i wont be able to confirm until a little closer to the time as work comittments may have me in hotter, dustier climes around that time. I will keep an eye on this thread and will confirm at the earliest opportunity.:)

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
don't think i can make them dates this time, due to shifts, but would be interested in the future, i would love to get back to LLan, lived on the horeshoe pass for 11 years so would be good to spend some time back in the area, polecat did you attend dinas bran, just checked your profile and your only a cople of years younger than me

Jul 15, 2007
t'as been a while since I have posted on this forum, and I'm looking forward to the North Wales & Marches Moot that is set for the end of October. I would have posted earlier except I have been inundated with mosquitoes and had to kill them ALL! (Well, apart from the ones that are still outside). Hey Michelle, I know that the little boy out of the film 'Sixth Sense' can see dead people.....maybe he can call in sick for you?

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
For all those who'd like to get involved in helping prepare the site or in forming a regular group I'll post some dates soon. It's a nice wood and the owner is pretty cool so for those who can't make it this time round there will be other occasions I'm sure - as long as no one goes and burns it all down or, mentioning no names... mosquito killer, chops it all down! ;-)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Catch you there saturday day and night all being well :)

Polish stew last time was lovely as was the vodka :eek:

Jul 15, 2007
Well, there was this tree you see, and I was standing underneath it and got out my pen and clip board. After a thorough health & safety investigation, I came to the conclusion whilst in a moment of temporary insanity, to chop it down. A couple of minutes later I experienced what I could only call shock as I came to. There I stood at the stump of what was one a beautiful dead tree and now, because of my actions it is even deaderer.
I would name the co-conspirators of this tragedy, but unfortunately I cannot remember much of what happened.
Lucas' food was good though.....I remember that much

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE