Hello everyone, new member in North Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2024
LLanrwst
Hello All,

I'm a new member to the forum and to bushcraft in general. I've evolved an interest in outdoor life over the last 12 months from traditional camping, BBQ cooking, hiking and woodcraft, and am looking to see if there are social meet-up groups in North Wales that would be amenable to a new person coming along - I'd far rather explore the subject with others than on my own, and would like to learn more. I've read a couple of books, watched plenty of videos across different You Tube channels, and have some simple equipment to start. I realise though that to improve my skills, knowledge and experience in such a hands-on subject, I'll be best placed joining a group of like-minded individuals. All suggestions, guidance and advice gratefully received and I hope that you all will enjoy a year of positive outdoor experiences. Cheers,

Daniel

Reactions: HereBeDragons

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hello All,

I'm a new member to the forum and to bushcraft in general. I've evolved an interest in outdoor life over the last 12 months from traditional camping, BBQ cooking, hiking and woodcraft, and am looking to see if there are social meet-up groups in North Wales that would be amenable to a new person coming along - I'd far rather explore the subject with others than on my own, and would like to learn more. I've read a couple of books, watched plenty of videos across different You Tube channels, and have some simple equipment to start. I realise though that to improve my skills, knowledge and experience in such a hands-on subject, I'll be best placed joining a group of like-minded individuals. All suggestions, guidance and advice gratefully received and I hope that you all will enjoy a year of positive outdoor experiences. Cheers,

Daniel
hello and welcome. spend sometime looking through the forums and get chatting to folk and it will all start to unfold and fall into place, enjoy x

Reactions: Astrochicken
Mar 25, 2024
Conwy
Just wondering if you ever found anyone? I’ve just joined this forum, not entirely sure how it all works, but I’m also looking to meet like minded individuals to get out with.

I’ve not really done a lot of bushcraft but keen to learn. Be good to mix it up with some walking/paddling/cooking too

Jan 15, 2024
LLanrwst
Just wondering if you ever found anyone? I’ve just joined this forum, not entirely sure how it all works, but I’m also looking to meet like minded individuals to get out with.

I’ve not really done a lot of bushcraft but keen to learn. Be good to mix it up with some walking/paddling/cooking too
Hi Ewan,
Not really, I did find plenty of good content on this site and plenty of active participants getting involved with lots of different subject areas within the wider bushcraft area, however I haven't found a local group that I could join, so I've been progressing it more on my own. I've done some beach-combing for interesting bits of driftwood to do some simple things with as practise, I'm currently making a simple three-legged stool for my wife for her allotment, and I've recently purchased some basic tools and materials to have a go at crafting some things. Maybe we can meet up and use the chance to see if there is common interest to our exploration of bushcraft. Let me know.
Daniel

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Hi both…

There are a few of us located in north wales, unfortunately there is no where to do public meet ups at present (We had a good spot near beddgelert but change of ownership ended it). But some of us do hold private meet ups, however…. Without being disrespectful, those who do receive an invite are both long standing forum members and/or those who play an active part in the forum. It’s not usual for someone to post once or twice and expect an invitation to meet up, I hope you understand.

Mar 25, 2024
Conwy
Thanks for the heads up Dave, good to know there are others about in the area. I’ll see how I get on with the forum but I’m not the best for engaging with online stuff - hence looking to learn through meeting people and getting hands on. Hopefully catch you under a tarp at some point though.

Daniel, I’d be happy to meet for a coffee to see if we have some common bushcrafting interests. I can’t work out how to message privately, to pass on my number, so just drop me a message if you know how.
Alternatively, we could just agree a time and a place on here and see if any other folk turn up for some bushcraft chat over a panad

Reactions: FerlasDave
Jan 15, 2024
LLanrwst
How about a meet-up next weekend for a coffee? I'm free all day Saturday 13th Not sure where everyone is based, but perhaps an easy-to-find café that is somewhere reasonably central - how about Providero at Llandudno Junction, by the train station? https://what3words.com/kiosk.gilding.gender Maybe 10.30am?

We can then exchange contact info when we meet to switch to comms outside of this forum if it suits.

Let me know if this works for everyone.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hello All,

Daniel
Daniel . thats great and welcome. have a trawl thru some of the threads. there is lots of interesting stuff. enjoy x

Mar 25, 2024
Conwy
How about a meet-up next weekend for a coffee? I'm free all day Saturday 13th Not sure where everyone is based, but perhaps an easy-to-find café that is somewhere reasonably central - how about Providero at Llandudno Junction, by the train station? https://what3words.com/kiosk.gilding.gender Maybe 10.30am?

We can then exchange contact info when we meet to switch to comms outside of this forum if it suits.

Let me know if this works for everyone.
This would work for me, if you can work out how to privately send messages I’ll drop you my number but otherwise just confirm on here and I’ll see you there

Jan 15, 2024
LLanrwst
Hi. I'll be there as planned tomorrow, we can exchange info then if that's ok, can't do messages on here yet as it's a disabled function for new users.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE