North Wales and Marches Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Just been pointed here by Aragorn (ta) and would love to come BUT my I'm on home duty so no go, come, whatever! Looking forward to reading how it all goes though, and hope I can make the next one. Enjoy.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Some pics from the last meet, and a few of our improvised tarp hanging methods AKA forgot to pack extra paracord :rolleyes:

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Any room for a West Walian?
Not sure if I am working those days but I would love to make it - if you let me!
Any more info on how to find the site?

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I went down today and met lightfoot and Mosquito Killer for a few hours (lucky sods are there right now but I couldn't camp - next time chaps) and the wood is superb with loads of potential.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Hi all

Been busy for a while but the meet in North Wales is still on so if you're interested then add your name to the list. Directions are in the previous post but I will be talking to the farmer about providing parking and if you have any difficulty locating the wood just ask.

Please let me know which day you are planning to arrive. Remember it's getting dark early and access after dark could prove a challenge if you haven't been there before.

I probably have to work for part of the weekend so will be there on Friday if anybody wants to come on that day. Dwardo, Polecat Paul and Mosquito Killer are all familiar with the wood and will be around on Saturday. Matt Weir has also been there so can give feedback to anybody who wants it.

Lightfoot (Friday - if others are coming on that day)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
dwardo plus a few guests, hoping to be there friay evening if not saturay morning early.
If anyone needs further info please feel free to contact me or lightfoot :)

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Just PM me but the site is a wonderful mix of broadleaf and pine. Facilities are great and lightfoot is a great guy.

To get there after dark for anyone who hasn't been is certainly a challenge :D

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Just PM me but the site is a wonderful mix of broadleaf and pine. Facilities are great and lightfoot is a great guy.

To get there after dark for anyone who hasn't been is certainly a challenge :D

Thanks Matt - Do you think they'll believe you? Anyway, cheque's in the post ;)

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I'd love to come - but I don't think I can make this one :(

chris

Hi Chris,

You can stay in the wood anytime, more or less, if you let myself or dwardo know in advance and we'll let the owner know. Later we hope to have a website up so you can just book in yourself.

If you prefer the idea of a meet then we are planning to hold regular ones so we'll keep you posted.

RodStrod

Jul 10, 2006
Bolton
looks like a great place, I'd like to join you at some point if the opportunity occurs...but it won't be on this meet. I'll keep my eyes open for your website too.

thanks chaps! Rod

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Looks like its going to be a mini-moot. Hurrah! Less organising and more beer for us! :beerchug:

But mark my words - we'll be back :burnout:

Jul 15, 2007
Looking forward to this weekend, I'll be able to use my new knife for the first time as stupid bottom here broke my frosts bora knife on the first day I used it! Not got a hammock yet, so will be taking my tent along hoping not to use it. I'm hoping to build my own shelter from the wood itself and that does not mean that I'll be chopping trees down in order to build it!
Hopefully now with the cold weather here, I'll not see any mosquitoes however, the last time I was there, there were some sleepy wasps lurking about so that'll give me something else to think about.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I'm not gonna make this one! As expected i am heading to Kuwait for a couple of months hard labour....rest assured i will be attending future meets in the new year. Hope you all have a great time.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE