North Wales and Marches Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Looking forward to this weekend, I'll be able to use my new knife for the first time as stupid bottom here broke my frosts bora knife on the first day I used it! Not got a hammock yet, so will be taking my tent along hoping not to use it. I'm hoping to build my own shelter from the wood itself and that does not mean that I'll be chopping trees down in order to build it!
Hopefully now with the cold weather here, I'll not see any mosquitoes however, the last time I was there, there were some sleepy wasps lurking about so that'll give me something else to think about.

That was the shortest lifespan of a Mora I've ever seen! 10 minutes from box to bin :D

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
For those few lucky, lucky souls who will be attending the meet this weekend here's an important update concerning parking. You'll need to park near the farm - details and directions supplied on request from myself or dwardo.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi Redkite,

We had to remove them as we didnt really want to advertise the site to those who were not coming to the meet just incase, hope you all understand. PM your email address and ill pop over the details if your interested in coming. I will also include both my phone number and lightfoots incase you get stuck.

If people are intending to get to the meet can they please post here or PM me so we have a rough idea of numbers.

Cheers all :)

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Just a quick note for everyone going this weekend - it's been rather chilly up here at night this week (reasonable amount of ice on cars in the morning) so take your warm sleeping things.

Have a great time and I may see you at the next one :)

Chris

Edit: Hmm, I'll now go and teach granny to suck eggs.....

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Who ever gets cold can lend my dog as a bag warmer :eek:

She will no doubt be bag hopping as usual :rolleyes:

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
As expected it was a quiet little meet but no less enjoyable for that. There's lots I could write about but have decided to keep it to a brief thanks to Dwardo and his friends for setting things up, to Polecat and his mate Ian (whose username I don't know) for helping with the set up, entertaining us with stories of lesbian bushcrafters, and loaning their parachute. Thanks to Lucas for bringing the pig, Red Kite for travelling all the way up from London and sharing his delicious food with us (you can come again mate), and Mosquito Killer who turned up after everyone was gone to help exhume the pig and re-cook it, then help me tidy up so the place was pristine when we left. Have I forgotten anyone? Hope not.

As I don't know how to post pictures I'll leave that to Dwardo.

Cheers all.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Let's see if I got this right...

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

lightfoot_photo

...Obviously not! It'll do though. The last one is where the chute and spit roast had been - just so you know that we clear up after ourselves. ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE