North meet part II==New year episode

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
To be honest, i didn't ask about dogs on site, my apologies Mr Strop. I've just rang them but no answer so i'll call them again tomorrow.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Graham_S said:
i'm in the process of becoming an assistant scout leader (i should be warranted by xmas) but i've had an enhanced disclosure done which is the same thing iirc

if that's any help.

Yea he mentioned the differing levels of the CRB check and that scout leaders have to have the enhanced one. That would be a great help Graham

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I've just spoken to the guys from Great Towers Scout Site and although normally dogs aren't allowed, they have said that they will allow us to have dogs on site with the usual proviso of: 'they are kept under control' and that 'any mess is cleaned up'. Hope that is ok for those wishing to bring their mates ;)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
The police check,CRB(criminal records bureau), has two levels enhanced for those working with children or vulnerable adults(teachers,scout leaders etc), and normal is for those working around children or vulnerable adults( ie maintenance work in schools).
The crb check costs £43 IIRC, and needs to be done even if you are a bobby!
Most places will let you transfer your check, with varying conditions, my check was done by scouts and was accepted by the college I work at, but I would not be able to transfer it from college for use with scouts.
This is a slightly different situation so it will be down to the campsite warden on what will be acceptable, but they need to cover themselves that it is taken into account.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
me and the girlfriend have both have CRB checks, gemma's being more recent than mine.............a little voice has just informed me that gemma's CRB check was enhanced and that she has the relevent documentation to prove this.

hope this helps

stuart (and the little voice that is gemma)

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
morch said:
I've just spoken to the guys from Great Towers Scout Site and although normally dogs aren't allowed, they have said that they will allow us to have dogs on site with the usual proviso of: 'they are kept under control' and that 'any mess is cleaned up'. Hope that is ok for those wishing to bring their mates ;)
I'm pretty sure that's fine with all the dogs, but does it also apply to the bushcrafters? :) ;)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just noticed this thread elswhere on the forum, thought it might be ideal for new years, (i might be biased about the location as it's within walking distance of me!) it's probably a bit further south than people were thinking but we do seem to be struggling to come up with a site so maybe something to consider, what's everyone think?

To officially organise a camp in Shining Cliff Woods you need to make
contact with the camp secretary, Mrs Jenny Glaister. Her phone number is
01932 345577. There is an answer phone attached to her number and very
seldom can you find her in. Leave a message and say it is about camping and
she will get back to you. If you still have problems getting hold of her
then give the general secretary a ring. Helen Asher 01598 763568.
I thought I'd post it as it may interest anyone in the Midlands as they seem to encourage fires & other bushcraft type activities!

cheers

stuart

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Hi all.
Some cracking work gone on in my absence ( damn work). I've got an enhanced CRB check and if all is well shall book great towers tomorrow unless anyone has any last minute severe reservations?

Am aiming for Friday through to the Monday, how does that sound for everyone??????

Loves it when a plan comes together
Mr Strop

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Just to help (not) great langdale site is national trust, there is a forest at the back of site, surrounded by some of the best views youll see in the lakes, anyone can go including dogs, the showers are free, and theres 2 cracking pubs the ODG and the stickle barn taven, hth ;)

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I've gotta say that I can't wait to get back to the UK to come along to one of the moots. I don't have the bushcraft skills to teach anythihng, but I could do a workshop in conversational chinese, or just make coffee for everyone :lmao:

I'll probably be living in Hull or York when I come back, so I'll be keeping a very close eye on this thread, and hoping we can have a moot soon after the middle of february when I'm home.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
it all seems to have gone very quiet in this thread, is the new year meet still going ahead? has a site been confirmed? anyone know who's going?

cheers

stuart

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Yeah I agree with Stu, It has gone very quiet here, so where are we planning on going? And i'm definitely going to be there! I think the site morch was talking about, the scout camp... sounds like a good place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE