North meet part II==New year episode

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
just as a provisional thing, but theres a fair chance the scout campsite at Hebdon Bridge could be available at New Year

anyone provisionally interested?

Mr Strop

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Well just to put it in perspective, I will be there, or somewhere either way having a bushcrafty new year and anyone who wants to come along and share it are more then welcome.
I'll be hopefully building a shelter and more campcraft and possibly hand drill fire lighting.

Ho ho ho?
Garry

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Well Garry you can count me in for defo. even if its only camping I will be there, what better way to see the new year in than with like minded people :You_Rock_

Liz

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
hmmmm....maybe so. its a bit closer to home than cumbria!

i'll have to see if i'm allowed to play.

which site is it maybe i've been as a kid (scouts)?

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I've mentioned it and it could be a possibility for us, it will depend on the wider family and what they have planned, but I think you could pencil us in with at least a 2b pencil for now. What sort of thing are you looking at? a bit of light bushcrafting, camping and a fairly serious booze up would be right up my street.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I've done a new year at hebden Hay you lucky people if it comes off it'll be great and if it snows you won't be getting out in a hurry iirc. Wish I could come but i won't get a pass from my other half for new year enjoy

James

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
new years in a field having a few drinks with a group of (almost) complete strangers really is very close to my idea of heaven. me and the girlfriend would definately be interested, so that's me+1. not strictly the right thread i know but i hope you all had a fantastic time last weekend in the lakes, i'm still sulking about not being able to make it, but these things happen, i WILL be at the next one!!!

stuart

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Hi all
Posted that just before I left for work the other day. Only just got back today and glad to see theres a few interested parties.

Tweleveboar has got the theme spot on, as much or as little bushcraft as anyone wants to do but more importantly a good few beers and seeing the new year in the right way by actually being out there expereincing it, and sharing it with other people.
And if Scruff is cooking again.............well that should be enough to get half of BCUK members down feeding their faces :)

I'll do a bit of work on a location early next week and see where it takes us, but if anyone has any suggestions lets hear them!

Like I said, I'll be somewhere having a bushcrafty new year, and it would be great if anyone/everyone could make it

Looking into it
Mr Strop

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
You can pencil me in +1. You may have noticed, bin trying to find out best way to keep warm in middle of winter in a hammock. Think I,ve opened a hornets nest.
Ian.

Just bin on Scout website and it says this site is open Easter to October, mind you it was last updated 2002. Hope it is open New Year.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Razorstrop said:
And if Scruff is cooking again.............well that should be enough to get half of BCUK members down feeding their faces :)

I'll be mister strop if i've got to do all the cooking again!! grr!!

nah jus kiddin :D

if anyone fancies making a bushcraft oven we can have fresh(er) bread?!

think i'll be up for it cos as of this wknd i've got no one to seek permission from anymore (ie. i got dumped) :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE