North meet part II==New year episode

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
am in between wakefield & dewsbury

to be honest i'm not sure where i am re. new year

too many offers and temptations for seeng in the new year :confused: :confused:

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
scruff said:
am in between wakefield & dewsbury

to be honest i'm not sure where i am re. new year

too many offers and temptations for seeng in the new year :confused: :confused:

Okeedokee, I don't know what I'm doing either yet (let me rephrase that - I don't know what swmbo says I'm doing) but if I'm going and your free to attend I'll happily swing by wakefield. It's not *too* far from me in Leeds.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
I'd like to attend, but wouldn't call it more than a "maybe", as I tend not to plan this far in advance and may be called upon to thin out the Derbyshire grayling population...

Jim.

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Ok guys, we have been offered this scout campsite, it will be much easier for most people to get to, and we can have it from 30th through to the 2nd. I am just waiting for confirmation that we can take dogs to this site, and I have promised that if we can we will of course be respoinsible and clean up after them.

There are a couple of large sites and some smaller backwoods sites, all with fire pits and plenty trees for hammocks anyway check the pics on the website and let me know what you think?

http://middlewoodcamp.org.uk/

Emberglowing nicely after mulled wine at the German Market lol

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Thanks Scruff you know me so well :lmao:
From the pics it looks fine to me and like Graham_S said its motorway for most of the way, and we don't know what the weather will be like, I have been to this site before and have fond memories of falling in the lake (sober and about 10 years old lol)

Woo Hoo I am looking forward to it, anyone with transport problems... if they can get to Walkden station by train we could organise pick-ups from there, but I am sure everyone will pitch in with transport.

Still waiting for confirmation on dog status, because if I cant take the dogs it rather knocks me out of this

Liz

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Hey guys, transportation could be an issue for me, and I don't want to miss out on this. There is a possibility my dad might be able to drive me down but i'm not counting on it. If anybody could give me a lift that would be fantastic, I know there are few guys possibly going from the newcastle area who could possibly help me out, I could probably get trains/buses to a more suitable pickup point. Any offers? :eek:

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
ok guys sorry for the delay I have been away for a few days but heres the reply to the much awaited dog question.

Elizabeth
The cost for camping is £3.00 per person per night.
Regarding dogs we do not allow them on the site.
This is because of the health risks associated this dog mess and the possibility of them injuring someone.
However, as you could well be the only campers on site, if you ensure that they are always supervised and any mess is immediately cleaned up I do not see any problems.
Regards
Bookings Sec

So I guess its up to us to make sure we clean up thoroughly and keep them under close supervision.
Can everyone thats interested please let me know? thanks

Liz

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Can anyone still interested in this please sign up on the new thread that was started?? We need at least 10 to make it worthwhile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE