North Meet. Definately On. Confirm if you're interested

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Morning all!

Right update of list as of this morning:

Wayland + 1
Goose
Graham S
led + 1
bloodline
outdoorcode
Razorstrop
Eric Methven
Bumblebee
JimH
scruff + 2
morch + 2
Grooveski
Scout
redcollective
Scally
running bare + 1
Big Geordie
big lizard
bike thing
Spoony + 1
gaz_miggy + 1
JoshG + 2

peds8045?
Simon waites?
Nyayo?

34 defo's, 3 maybe's....and counting.

Blimey there's gonna be more booze on this campsite than in the local! Anyone know how to make a buschcraft optik? :D

Better bring a measure of temperance too me thinks :sulkoff:

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
"Use, not abuse" is the motto here. Remember we have to be quiet at 10:30 and that a hangover is not very nice to have when trying to learn new things...

Having said that I will bring some whisky myself ;)

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Wayland said:
I should be there from Friday onwards.

I'll be the Viking trying to look like a normal person.

I'm just trying to get Friday off work.

I'll be the normal person who looks like he should be a Viking :D

See you all there.

Jim.

Jun 28, 2005
Preston
Defiantely want to come along but I've double booked myself. Got a meeting for work in Leeds. Will attempt to get from Leeds to site on Saturday night but no promises unfortunately. Depends how long the meeting is!
Sorry!

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
me and the wife will have a tent dont think she will be up for a nite under a tarp. will bring a hammock i got for £3 at a boot sale if someone could kindly show me how to tie the thing to a tree!!make that 2 trees :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: must warn ya awlll its a bit brite apparently it came from mexico. bottle of jack daniels or 2 coming with me.

see you all up there.looking forward to learning lots

tom

:You_Rock_

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Ooh, I just thought of something. If Eric and other folks are showing newbies like me how to carve properly :eek: , should I bring my own choice of wood, or will there be some nice wood to be had from foraging?

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Emberglow - Hi mate, I've added you no probs. See you there.

Another update of the list as of this morning:

Wayland + 1
Goose
Graham S
led + 1
bloodline
outdoorcode
Razorstrop
Eric Methven
Bumblebee
JimH
scruff + 2
morch + 2
Grooveski
Scout
redcollective
Scally
running bare + 1
Big Geordie
big lizard
bike thing
Spoony + 1
gaz_miggy + 1
JoshG + 2
Emberglow

peds8045?
Simon waites?
Nyayo?

35 defo's, 3 maybe's.

JoshG - >whisper< Hey don't worry I'm not gonna be as seasoned as a few of these other guys and my two mates are pretty green...I'm sure there'll be others too :eek:

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Hi all
was up at Fisherground last week with work , and have a few badly taken photys from my mobile, they are a bit erm poor but if osmeone will tell me how to get them up here i will post them

not as bright as he thinks he is sometimes
Garry

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Razorstrop said:
Hi all
was up at Fisherground last week with work , and have a few badly taken photys from my mobile, they are a bit erm poor but if osmeone will tell me how to get them up here i will post them

not as bright as he thinks he is sometimes
Garry

can't help wit the pics (i still ain't got round to popping any on) but i am intrigued to see if there's enough trees to hold up all those hammocks!!

if not i'm gonna be emergency tent buying as i've just found out my dome tent i lent to my bro was taken to the glastonbury festival!!!! its not a pretty site now. grrr!
:cussing:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
We can still use our hammocks without trees. Take four stout poles about seven feet tall (2x2 from B&Q will do) and lash together in two pairs. Set each pair three and a half metres apart and spread the legs of each pair open. Take a length of polyprop rope and tie a clove hitch over the top end of each pair of legs. Guy the ends down tight so the legs are nice and solid.

Sling your basha/hoochie over the rope that goes between the sets of legs and tie off at the ends. Peg out the sides as normal. Sling your hammock from the legs and jump in. Then get out and retighten the guy lines you've just streched. If you do double lashed guys they won't pull out. Also tie a piece of rope between each of the pairs of legs to stop them splaying out. There should be no excuse for not enjoying a comfortable night in your hammock.

Eric

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Can you make a low pair of supports from two dozen arrows and an old string?

Was way down south this week so I stopped off at a couple of likely looking rock-cuts on the A34 and loaded the boot up with big(6"+) flint nodules so there'll be plenty to play with :) .
If anyone has spare antler it'd be handy.
..and if you fancy trying knapping and happen to have a pair of safety glasses, bring them along. A party-pack of plasters wouldn't go amiss either. :rolleyes:
Eric, you had big new blue nylon tarps. Looked the part for catching rubble. The leftovers of a knapping session aren't friendly and a campsite isn't really the best place to be honest...

BTW folks, I'm pretty poor at this, so it's free-for-all on the who's-teaching-who front. There will be flint though :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE