Norfolk and Norwich Group

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Heads up. Aldi's have got reversible griddle pans like mine in from Thursday £14.99

Reversible Griddle Pan
£14. 99 each *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get that barbecue look on all your food.

Cook on the raised ridges or smooth surface
Cast iron
Size: 48 x 26cm

Last edited:

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
im thinking about it....

i have two other things im supposed to be doing on the saturday but could do with hammock practice before the moot.... which site at hethel are you thinking of using? it would be interesting to see what else is there

GT if i dont post my intentions its worth getting in touch as i may well head out there on saturday.... like i said im thinking at the moment, ill see how my energy levels are by the end of the week

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
:camping:Hi All

Just a quick head count for the weekend

I know GT is only Saturday

So who's for the over night, Norfolk John is working but would rather be at Hethel

Smokemagnet
Kev
Carl
CC

Its over to you:hammock:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Wohoo. BTW has anyone got a wool blanket I can borrow for Saturday night please?

Just a quick head count for the weekend

I know GT is only Saturday

So who's for the over night, Norfolk John is working but would rather be at Hethel

Smokemagnet
Kev
Carl
CC

Its over to you:hammock:

cold campfire

Apr 21, 2012
Norfolk
Hi guys, I'm afraid that I can't make it at the weekend after all, I'm sorry to let you guys down again, I have to do some family stuff. I'll have to make do with pictures again. Hope you enjoy yourselves. Ben

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
hi all,

This weekend, meet at thickthorne or at the site, easy either way, as less than expected not so many cars at the farm easy parking.

I will be at the park n ride at 9 am and then to the farm.

All the best

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Wohooo. Just had someone bring two wool blankets down so I can lighten your load GT as I won't need the sleep system now. Still need the blower though please. I've got the snorkers. See you there

That was good timing I was about to sort it out. I'll bring some muffins for afters. What else do we need?

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, see you tomorrow boys i have all the bits you asked for dave. if you think of anything just text. ps i passed my ham also and my station is M6CNM and i will bring my handheld tomorrow only cost £40 thats 2m 70cm or VHF / UHF and a fm radio 5w output :) later carl

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Nice one guys. We must start leaving a cache of dry wood hidden as I couldn't believe the water boiling out of that dead standing stuff (that we broke off a dead tree!!!!!) (Click to play video)

Just posted up the three skills I did for Bushclass USA here are some pics (well lots actually)
If anyone wants them, send me an email or PM me for it if you haven't got it

Me hut (the 3 skills I had to master (improvise bed, shelter and use a woollen blanket)

and the scran (just a snack this lot he he) with new kettle

Evening meal
yum yum yum. (Click to play vid)
(Click to play vid) (Click to play vid)
Breakfast this morning
You should have tasted it (still taste it now)

Hopefully the next one (provisionally 11th August) with its special conditions, will see more than 4 of us there :)

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Lovely weekend and Kev has created a new outdoor concept in bushcraft, Crisp Packet camping:camping:
Nice to see another way to sleep the night away.

All it is now to get the next one in before the rain returns!!!!!!!!!!!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Great day on Saturday, I now can believe how hard it can be to get a fire going after lots of rain. Well done Dave. Thanks for the day. when I left the bus did not come down the road as a fete was on in village. So I walked to the world end pub in mulbarton.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE