Norfolk and Norwich Group

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Ok.....are we starting the list then? :p

So
  1. It's walk in for those that are able to (about 3 miles from SM's?)
  2. Bring enough water, food, etc to be self sustaining
  3. Cook, etc for yourself only
  4. No group cooking but there may be a group fire for warmth etc (or if you haven't got a stove at all)
  5. I'll bring some extra water so you can have a refill of your bottle Saturday night if you underestimated
  6. Carry all waste out
Oh, and as GT said, why not say after your name if you want to learn a new skill (then someone else may bring the essentials if they can manage it (say so we don't all bring the same ;))? goodjob

I'll start it off if you want :eek:

List for Overnighter on 11th - 12th Aug 2012

Whittler Kev (Saturday Only as family party) - Dangerous Plants (no not Triffids DOH!)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Looks like a good night had there..... May well be interested in that weekend, just depends on the work to be done on the landyfor thw MOT

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Crowe, I'm sure we can fit an Autumn special in for you when you reach dry land.

The overnighter, it is about a two hour walk about 7 miles

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Glad to see Kev made use of the fishing net I gave him. A good time was had by all.
Home in October. What about an Autumn overnighter ?
Crowe

It's been used a lot. Cheers for finding and contributing it ;).
:thinkerg: Hopefully we can get an every month thing going with a theme while its warmer (wouldn't that be nice) :naughty::grouphug:

So
  1. It's walk in for those that are able to (about 7 miles from SM's?)
  2. Bring enough water, food, etc to be self sustaining
  3. Cook, etc for yourself only
  4. No group cooking but there may be a group fire for warmth etc (or if you haven't got a stove at all)
  5. I'll bring some extra water so you can have a refill of your bottle Saturday night if you underestimated
  6. Carry all waste out
Oh, and as GT said, why not say after your name if you want to learn a new skill (then someone else may bring the essentials if they can manage it (say so we don't all bring the same ;))? goodjob

I'll start it off if you want :eek:

List for Overnighter on 11th - 12th Aug 2012

Whittler Kev (Saturday Only as family party) - Dangerous Plants (no not Triffids DOH!)

and.............

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Well checked and I can do the Saturday the 8th not the 9th, I have to work and worst still is the tour of Britain is finishing at the show ground on sunday and I will miss it.

So who is up for a day or we try for another weekend, maybe meet on the 8th and an overnighter in October.

The floor is open, so don't be shy, so say something even if its I just can't make it!!!!!!!!

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
hi guys, hows it going? just wondering if any of you guys have mastered the bow drill? i've got the technique and the materials down to a tee but i just cant get an ember consistently. gettin loads of smoke every time i try but only get an
ember on the odd occassion. need someone to watch what im doing and see where im going wrong and what i can do to increase my success rate. cheers. munkiboi

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
hi guys, hows it going? just wondering if any of you guys have mastered the bow drill? I've got the technique and the materials down to a tee but i just cant get an ember consistently. getting loads of smoke every time i try but only get an
ember on the odd occasion. need someone to watch what I'm doing and see where I'm going wrong and what i can do to increase my success rate. cheers. munkiboi​
I see a theme for the next meet me thinks

So who's going

Sat only it is then

D
GT
WK

and.......

BTW they've changed the holiday to a week earlier from 1st Sept not the 8th ;)

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
If you want to try fire by friction the I have some seasoned poplar for a hearth and hazel for a spindle.

we need to split the heath wood and there is enough to make four or five bow sets.

Me thinks a plan coming together

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE