Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
uugh, yeah I agree, I guess it's mostly farm work or factory work out that way too! not many English speaking workers either.
My family live out that way and my bro in law has had to do all sorts! The other problem, you have to drive to do anything!
From What I hear jobs in security, and health are fairly good if you have the paperwork.

Hey Kev you should get some "knives" and "knife kits" on sale!

also could you be slightly less specific with the map ref, as it's a little to complex for a google map type search, cheers.

well I've had an awful week, Mostly in pain or asleep, I'm not yellow any more but I have pain in my Kidneys now! aaaaghh! when will it end?

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Blooming maths teacher syndrome. 3.14159......etc ok 22/7. You've got to be precise Rapp. Works Ok in wheresthepath.com where I copied it from (if you haven't seen it it's brill for walking grid references etc)
Glad you're getting better.
While I remember, can anyone bring the Mors Kochanski Bushcraft book to the next meet and let me borrow it for a read?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi GT

I was wondering, rather than miss out on the next meet, can you make the Monday day, one of us could run you back to the bus stop later in the afternoon. Just a thought:thinkerg::Thinkingo

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
(PM checked)
anyone want to meet mid-late summer holls? (I can't do the last week)

It gives me something for new guys to aim for, and hopefully...I'll be well by then!
(I'm on my 3rd blood test now,
still no idea what the problem is,
still feeling like ****!)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
hi kev, i have a 12volt 24amp hour gel bat so you can put it in your tent and it's bigger than any bike battery ive ever seen on a bike so should last you.
i had my first job after school when i was 14 (paid tax and had pay packet ;-) helping deliver fruit and veg. i sign on for the first time, 28 years later and what did i get 6 months job seekers £58 a week, all of last year and this year ive had £0. rant over. good luck, get as much as you can. carl

Going to the woods in the morning as signing on for the first time in 20 years at 3pm in Wisbech

Battery sounds ideal. If all else fails I'll put the tent in front of the Landy if thats OK?
If you want to sell the battery let me know as I need a new one

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi kev, not a problem in front of the landy's ok with me but once you see the battery i think you will be ok with it in your tent. what was the name of your nice penknife you showed us? sorry i forgot. i have some smaller battery's that may be ok for you but i would like to keep this one. later mate
Battery sounds ideal. If all else fails I'll put the tent in front of the Landy if thats OK?
If you want to sell the battery let me know as I need a new one

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
:thankyou: Cheers dude :notworthy:You_Rock_. If it does go flat (a charge/start pack dosen't last long enough:() I can always plug into the Landy:borgsmile

Have a look here (I've got the Carvin' Jack)
http://www.classichandtools.com/acat...net_Jacks.html
I was lucky, found one cheap on here.:)

Got a new Bowie :headbang: I'm going to bring that along. :dunno: Hopefully someone can get it shave sharp :eek:. Its from Brazil and very, very shiny (stainless). It also fits my hand :yikes:!!!
I'll also bring the new Lansky sharpening system:) I got cheap of the website ;)
:grouphug: (hopefully I have may a little something for everyone if I can source some more ):D

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Anyone got a working fire piston I could have a lend of (or swap) use for my summer hol demos (no one else will even get close enough to touch it).
cheers
Rich

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Guys

Its that time almost, who's going..........:camping:

Shall we meet up at the Park n Ride again at 9 to 9 30.

all the best

D:campfire:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Roger that. Looking forward to it .P&R same time Mon 19.
Crowe.
Rapp hurry up and get well

Crowe
Whittler Kev

I didn't get the job. It went to someone that is already a deputy head of one of their units and his contract has expired due to the recession but came a close second as apparently the head and the kids wanted me, but her boss appointed him!
Shame but a couple of agencies want me from September anyway and I think the Social Worker people have expressed an interest

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE