Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Well guy's I'm in the wars again!

:( just when i thought I was getting better!

Went to A&E with stomach pains I was expecting them to say I'd pulled a muscle.

they took blood and found my liver is doing very strange things, it's way too big, and shoving my organs about (causing pain) they said it might be due to the anaesthetic at my recent op, or Gall stones! :yikes:

Still in pain today (though not as bad) can't breath very well,
My pee is like Tizer and I'm slowly turning yellow, I'll look like Homer Simpson soon! :rolleyes: (it' being sorted though)

By the way, nice stew-casserole last week!

shame I couldn't stay,
looking forward to next time!

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i thought the stew was much nicer than damascus stew, but then i did make it ;-) looking forward to the next meeting, a beef stew again maybe? and also trying my new hammock.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
First of all, my stew was lets say more sophisticated and balanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, I have to go to a medical appointment on 20th late in afternoon but ok for the 19/20th just have to be gone by 1ish to get ready, so do we go for the Mon/Tues then.

Guys let us know, either I am going or not it is so much easier,

So far

Me
mitch
Whittler
Crowe??????

Anyone else

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
:yikes:Hey Rich

I have been thinking, your medical condition how long has it been brewing, the reason I ask is you ate Mitch's stew at Hethel didn't you, rest ate mine!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
now come on damascus pay attention , you had a hole spoon full :yikes: and crowe had some for sunday lunch, so:p. i was also not the only one digging a hole in the woods on sunday was i :nono: we thought you went home, you was gone so long :lmao: later mate

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
sorry guys junior and I wont be available for the meet. Junior is away camping with the school so I am needed to care for misses.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Will your Landy be close by? I can run off your battery. It dosen,t flaten the Harley battery overnight or my Partner battery for a whole weekend if I can get that close enough to the tent.

Going to the woods in the morning as signing on for the first time in 20 years at 3pm in Wisbech

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Guess what? I've just been for a ride on the Harley looking for wooded areas :). Went to the local off road motocross stunt and race track and asked who owned the woods further up the road to WashBrooke Farm in Doddington (just passed the hospital). It transpired that the old feller that owns the tracks owns the woods :35:. He can't see a problem with overnight camping there as the local reenactment society :grouphug: camp out there :camping: and have there open fire cooking going (in containers):campfire:.
I've got to go and see him in a fortnight when he's less busy but looks promising ;).
Coords etc
TL 39016 91163 52.500679,0.046542

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
well guy's I've been asleep or sipping high-energy drinks most of the week, (couldn't do much else) with something that isn't but looks like hepatitis (I'm not infectious) felt like death!
still can't decide if it was the stew or casserole! ;)
still ill,
the Dr's are still trying to figure out what's wrong, uuug!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
OOO!, whittler kev? anything you want to tell us? lol (I've done that before! lol)

My brother may be finding me some interesting bits of wood to play with (he's part carpenter part teacher training).
probably only off cuts but nice of him though.
he said he might give me some of the stuff people use instead of mahogany, an a few other unusual bits.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi kev, i have a 12volt 24amp hour gel bat so you can put it in your tent and it's bigger than any bike battery ive ever seen on a bike so should last you.
i had my first job after school when i was 14 (paid tax and had pay packet ;-) helping deliver fruit and veg. i sign on for the first time, 28 years later and what did i get 6 months job seekers £58 a week, all of last year and this year ive had £0. rant over. good luck, get as much as you can. carl

Going to the woods in the morning as signing on for the first time in 20 years at 3pm in Wisbech[/QUOTE]

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Signing on in wisbech, you poor b@stard. Ive done that a couple of times over the last 10 years or so. Each time it got worse and worse. Now there are so many out of work the place is packed and has an air of desperation/dependancy which I suppose most JC's have but its got a lot worse than it had been.

Don't expect them to find you a job. They are there just to process benefits. I had to do volunteer work and apply for hundreds of jobs and go for tens of interviews before I got something. It was my volunteer work that got me the position. The business degree I am still paying for is worthless.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE