Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Weekender, Have a look on the old time reel link, I have checked the link from here it seems to work ok, maybe cos I used my iPad to send it.

rick, sweet, get that up and running, I will make a coax up need to get some 259 connectors on Monday.

Mandos, why don't you bring both and try them out, one each night.

this one is for everyone,
are we going to do a big meal, I think Friday we can muddle through as we will all be arriving at different times etc and do a large one on Saturday. Rick if you bring you chuck box I will bring mine and cook some thing up.

next question is what, suggestions please, I am happy to cook the meal....................

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
This looks good:-

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1041811-Guadalupe-Chili-Pie?full_recipe=true

No Cornbread mix so here is how you make it:-

-1 cup cornmeal
-1 cup all purpose flour
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-1 egg
-pinch of salt
-milk or buttermilk; enough to make a medium thick batter (IF! If you use buttermilk, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda in addition to the baking powder)
-1 tablespoon of cooking oil

:campfire:

Last edited:

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
maybe get away with a bit less if the standoff is vertical, as if mounting on the barn the antenna needs to be at least a quarter wave away from metal objects. Will also bring a VSWR meter for 2m/70cm

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hi All,
Here is a link for some fishing reels, i have been in touch with the shop in March and they will only do minimum £10 over the phone, any one interested in a group buy.
kev, you may even know the fishing tackle shop, Millview?

let us know before they run out, me thinks some retro fishing this summer!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-Stock-...item4176972ba3
You'll be lucky to get a discount off the twins that own it. There dads called Arkwright for a reason. He's got the Brown shop coat as well :rofl:

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hopefully I still will make the Friday/ Saturday. All depends on a forthcoming hospital appointment. If I do make it I'll be self catering.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Ok GT hope all goes well

kev, the shop will only do minimum of £10 per transaction over the phone and at £2:50 a reel, I don't need four hence if any one else wanted one?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
No worries Kev, get better soon and the reels, I will get them to post, I have enough numbers to make it worth while, thanks.

VanDeRooster

Jan 14, 2014
Norwich, UK.
Thinking about getting a SnugPak hammock & quilts for the meet up.
If I don't get a chance to play with it first would someone be able to offer guidance if I struggle to pitch it?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I have news I'm able to make it😃 😃😄🎉for one night only though... What do I need to bring food/water ??? Did I hear mention of a big cook up on sat night is there anything I need to bring for that??
I shall be hammocking as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE