Newbie questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PickleB

Jan 6, 2014
UK J5 M25
Hi

I don't know how to contact a mod directly (I have looked in FAQs etc) so perhaps I can ask my questions here.

I'm new to here and know that my posts have to be cleared before they appear on the forum.

I posted a couple of times yesterday and later on one of my posts did appear. Then I did an edit and it was no longer visible.

I have also posted today and those are accessible OK. The two from yesterday are not visible. When I click on page two of one of the threads I get sent to page one; where it says:

No amount of clicking on "Last" or the right arrow will move me on to page 2. Is my hidden post #31?

How long does it usually take to release posts? Is this info somewhere on the forum where I failed to find it?

The two threads in question are:

Sorry to be a pain...and thanks,

Bob

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard PickleB

You are right, as a new member, a certain number of your early posts will be held in a moderation queue, the fact that you've posted this means that you're initial post has been released but not necessarily any since then until you have reached a certain number (sorry I don't know the details). We have this system in place to keep the volume of spam down to a minimum.

I'll try to have a look at the issues you have mentioned but, I'm not the most gifted computer adjuster on the planet.

Oh, and as for contacting any of the Moderating team - just prefix a thread with "Mods" or address your concerns to anyone with a "Moderator" or "Administrator" title - their names will appear in red amongst the list of signed in members on the front page. Or if your issues concerns a particular post, you can hit the "report post" icon (triangle in the lower line of the post surround).

ATB

Ogri the trog

PickleB

Jan 6, 2014
UK J5 M25
Thanks for the update Ogri...not sure I understand why later posts are appearing before earlier ones, but it's not the end of the world.

Thanks too, to you and the moderating team for regulating the forum. I'd guess it's a pretty thankless task at time, but very necessary.

All the best,

Bob

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
You're welcome.

They were nestling amongst pages of posts from newcomers, spammers, try-it-on-types and commercial operations - all of which have to be analysed, discussed and distributed to the various people who know, before being acted upon.

Sorry yours took so long

ATB

Ogri the trog

PickleB

Jan 6, 2014
UK J5 M25
...They were nestling amongst pages of posts from newcomers, spammers, try-it-on-types and commercial operations - all of which have to be analysed, discussed and distributed to the various people who know, before being acted upon...

Thanks for the explanation Ogri. Given their content I sort of wondered if that might be the case. It is good to see that such care is being taken to keep the forum relevant etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE