Bushcraft UK...but not...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I was reading dome comments about the passing of Robson Valley on his families tribute page and someone mentioned BCUK, it got me thinking about how this forum attracts people from all over and not just the UK, how did any of you oversea folk find the forum?
Is there sister forums? I'm sure Google could answer but, I feel like conversing with humans...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I was reading dome comments about the passing of Robson Valley on his families tribute page and someone mentioned BCUK, it got me thinking about how this forum attracts people from all over and not just the UK, how did any of you oversea folk find the forum?
Is there sister forums? I'm sure Google could answer but, I feel like conversing with humans...
BCUSA is quite large , and , somewhat militant in a few ways. ( That is my experience at least )

Reactions: Kadushu

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
BCUSA is quite large , and , somewhat militant in a few ways. ( That is my experience at least )
Similar deal with prepping. Canadians probably sit juxtaposed between UK and USA because their terrain, flora and fauna shares more with the USA but I think their outlook is more like our British one - apologies to any Quebecois readers.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I think you answered it partly by mentioning Google. Lots of searches for reviews for info ping up BCUK.

We all want info and reviews, google Snugpak Stratosphere tent review. It’ll take you right here amongst other places.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I encountered to much hostility and politics over the firearms
Issue. I was a longtime collector shooter and probably handled every category. Then Sandyhook,
The personal liability, hassle just to shoot , a good percentile of idiots led to my slow disposal of everything. IF I was back in Alaska, a rifle would be on my person like a gardener a shovel.
I’m in Southern California. I have a hiking staff and sheath knife. If a mountain Lion appears ( and this did happen) I would raise my arms and yell. Or, in this incident, seeing mr cat already looking for an egress, say ‘here, kitty kitty’
As another hiker was fumbling for his pistol and Cat melted into the chaparral.
I don’t get that here.

Reactions: Toddy and Robbi

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Vie Sauvage et Survie is smaller than BCUK but very similar. They also have real experts.
They tend to write French though, fine if you are Québécois, of course.

:)

If your Italian is better than your French you can try Avventurosamente.
It's pretty interesting because they have to deal with heat but also with snowy mountains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Is BCUSA affiliated to BCUK or have both sites merely used the same name format?
I suspect it's the latter.
Bushcraft USA started after Bushcraft UK and followed suit with the naming format, in the early days there was a little communication between us but not much.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com

Yeah, over the years we've had a lot of members from all over the world, especially before social media came about, it was a real mixture or nationalities.
Some amazing personalities

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE