Robson Valley has died.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
That's sad news. I was just talking about him this weekend.
I loved his posts about tools, making, sharpening, his advice, his attitude to getting stuff done. As well as his intelligence, wit and take no prisoners outlook.

He sounded a little sad and lonely towards the end and I think he really appreciated the comments from the lovely people in this community online.
RIP Brian.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
He seemed like a decent sort. I enjoyed his contributions to this forum. My condolences to his family and friends.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Oh, seemed a interesting bloke with a huge amount of practical experience. I valued his input.
Dunno what to say really, he seemed like he really lived the deal instead of just dreamt it.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I am shocked to hear this, Brian, as many has said was very knowledgeable and we have talked a few times over the years.

May you find joy wherever you are, RIP Brian

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Very sad. I missed Toddy's original post as I was off internet then but I did wonder what had happened.

i enjoyed his posts and slant on life. 77 is too young. I hope someone is looking after the cat he rescued
Heidi cat :)

I hope someone is giving her tins of tuna. I have a feeling Brian was the only person she trusted, and that was after much time together.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
He was adopted by a stray after Heidicat died. I remember how upset he was when Heidicat died. I think he felt affinity with a stray that could survive alone in harsh conditions. His humanity shone through in his posts.

Ah, it was Rumpus wasn't it? Took months to gain trust.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE