Jump to last post

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Low priority suggestion:-

As a newcomer looking back over old posts; what chance of a “jump to last post” fixed at the top of each page.
Some of these threads are looooooong and a search takes you back to the beginning.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yeh, but then you get new participants jumping in at the end with comments that have already been well discussed earlier. It's often very clear when people just decide to make their point without reading the previous discussion (happened yesterday) and it can be quite frustrating for the earlier contributors.

Reactions: Nice65

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
There are some options already. One is the jump to new button at the top. The other is a pair of arrows low on the right that take you either to the top or bottom of the current page.

Seems plenty to me!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Agreed @Stew.

I just thought that reproducing the << “Next” >> bar at the top of a page as well as the bottom might be handy for navigation.

As I said in OP - low priority, just a thought.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Agreed @Stew.

I just thought that reproducing the << “Next” >> bar at the top of a page as well as the bottom might be handy for navigation.

As I said in OP - low priority, just a thought.
I have the page numbers and next bar at the top and bottom of my page, are you saying you do not? Or am I confused?

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 15.18.19.png

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’m using an iPhone SE

Bottom of page:-
IMG_6050.png

Top of page:-

IMG_6051.png

The [go to page] looks useful.

Thanks Tony.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I’m using an iPhone SE

Bottom of page:-
View attachment 85429

Top of page:-

The [go to page] looks useful.

Thanks Tony.

Doesn't clicking/pressing the two green arrows to the right of the big green "Next" button take you to the last page, where all you need do then is scroll down to find the latest post?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
@Kepis Yes it does.
I believe that you computer and tablet users can see that <<Next >> at the top of a page as well as at the bottom.
On my phone I can only see it at the bottom.

It’s not a big deal, it would just be a convenience for those of us who are enjoying diving back into this valuable Bushcraft resource and who use phones to do it. I haven’t opened my laptop since ………. Whenever Android were using Icecream Sandwich. I haven’t had a Microsoft (spit) operating system for more than thirty five years.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yep. I’ve got “Jump to new” but only when there is anything new that I haven’t opened.
It doesn’t appear when digging into a thread’s historical posts.)

Yes, my apologies for moving the goal posts. At first I didn’t understand what made “Jump to New” appear because it wasn’t there for most of my necropost exploration. Hence the thread title.

I’ve seen the page number jump facility on top AND bottom elsewhere. Apparently a lot of folk here already have this visible.

Repeat - it’s not a big deal, just a convenience. Tony has enough to do right now.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yep. I’ve got “Jump to new” but only when there is anything new that I haven’t opened.
It doesn’t appear when digging into a thread’s historical posts.)

Yes, my apologies for moving the goal posts. At first I didn’t understand what made “Jump to New” appear because it wasn’t there for most of my necropost exploration. Hence the thread title.

I’ve seen the page number jump facility on top AND bottom elsewhere. Apparently a lot of folk here already have this visible.

Repeat - it’s not a big deal, just a convenience. Tony has enough to do right now.
Try changing your screen to landscape. I bet it’s your small screen size that is the issue.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Old SE in portrait and landscape:

IMG-5885.png%0A

IMG-5886.png%0A

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Feels like we are trying to find rather awkward solutions to what is just a suggestion, in the spirit of the suggestions forum.

People browse on their phones predominantly in portrait mode and the browsers are designed to be used as such.

The situation: On mobile, there is no page navigation at the top of the page when viewing a thread with multiple pages.

The suggestion: Add the page navigation to the top of the page when in mobile view to make it more convenient to navigate around the thread on a mobile device.

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE