Robson Valley has died.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Brian William Thair, PhD, 77, passed away at Prince George Hospice House on June 23, 2023.

I wondered why Brian hadn't posted or been on the forum. I missed his posts.
I knew he hadn't kept well these last few years, and that his mobility was greatly restricted, but that the community he lived in was active in engaging with their elders especially those who needed a hand at times.
It came across in his posts; just how much he loved living in the Robson Valley.

My condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Brian.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Sad to hear, I’d noticed from here and over the road at the now defunct ROF he hadn’t been posting as much. Always told a good tale and knew a lot about carving and sharpening the tools.

He had an interest, more than an interest, in salt. It’s because of him I have book he recommended called Salt: A World History. I sent him some Malden and a few other sea salts from the U.K. for his salt collection and to sprinkle on halibut and fries at his local pub. Fascinating book, and a loss of a good bloke. RIP Bri

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
That's very sad. As others have said he always came back with some relevant info of his experiences. Thoughts are with his family

Reactions: Toddy

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Sad news indeed; always read his posts with interest, they came from an obviously intelligent and experienced man. Always something interesting to say and his own inimitable style of writing. R.I.P.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Now that is rotten news.
He was a kind, interesting, and gentle man.
The world is poorer for his passing.
I hope his family and friends take consolation in the positive effect he had on the world. What more can one ask of one's life?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I had a feeling a week or so back that this time was comming.
So sad, he was a real gentleman. R. I. P. Brian.
Nice to have known you.

Reactions: Nice65

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
:( Well thats very sad news. I didn't have as much experience interacting with him compared to you guys, but I still enjoyed reading his contributions. Thoughts with his family and friends and well done to all those who supported him in his recent years, despite the small interactions I could definitely feel his appreciation for those who supported him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE