New Year meet in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fast celt

Forager
Aug 9, 2005
West Yorkshire
I've ordered myself one of the "All New DD Travel Hammock with the All New DD Tarp". Nick from DD Hammocks say's there much longer than the old ones I'm 6'3". Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, so i'll be bringing it along. I've never put up a hammock or slept in one before so any advice would be much appreciated (Will i be warm enough?) Looking forward to the meet.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
as long as you have a mat to put under you (or an underblanket :)) and a decent sleeping bag you should be fine.
don't forget tent pegs, the ground can be quite hard at achray so carved wood can have difficulty.

CraigM9

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
Clackmannanshire Scotland
Hi John,

Could you book me in for thu & fri overnight and an additional 3 for fri overnight.

Thanks mate!

Craig.

PS Wayland, sorry to hear your not able to make it - with darkness by 3.30pm the improvised lanterns will be well needed this year again lol!

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
The deal so far:

bushyboo
Graham
Toddy
Ryan
CraigM9
fast celt

Anyone I missed?

Any of the above travelling South to North for the meet up?

IS there a thread or any documents about SOP's for meet ups? I.e. cost of the ground, drinks, etc?

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Where are you all going to be? I am not sure where we are going just now, but I am hoping to get over from the 31 onwards.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Ryan Woods said:
The deal so far:

bushyboo
Graham
Toddy
Ryan
CraigM9
fast celt

Anyone I missed?

Any of the above travelling South to North for the meet up?

IS there a thread or any documents about SOP's for meet ups? I.e. cost of the ground, drinks, etc?

off the top of my head you need to add Warthog1981, Doc and myself but there are probably others.

Cost is the princely sum of £0.75 per night. Bring your own food and drink although there usually seems to be a surplus.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
ill be there the 27th 28th 29th and 30th ill have my wee shovel as always if anyones there before me keep my normal spot :lmao:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Ryan Woods said:
...... SOP's for meet ups?
When you get to the out gate of the forestry, dump the car and walk down to get the key. It's a nice wee walk :).

Think I'll travel light for this one :rolleyes:. Put in up the head of the loch and paddle over.
Night-time navigation is so easy at Achray, just aim for the laughter :D.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Actually what we are now planning on doing is having the key to the gate chained to the gate post with a combination lock. If you PM me I will send you a note of the combination so you can release the key and open the gate.

Obviously you need to lock the key back up again so it cannot be used.

And for those who were there the last time the combination will be the same as before ;)

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
bushyboo
Graham
Toddy
Ryan
CraigM9
fast celt
MagiKelly
arthog1981
Doc
Fenlander &
mate

Sadly dont have a car here... I fly from the continent to attend. So Im wonderin if anyone goin from the Queensferry/edinbrough way.

Cant wait guys,still a virgin... meet up wise

And next time Ill paddle up instead of flyin :cool:

Slightly off topic. Toddy dont you sew and spin and knit an aweful lot yourself..or am I on the totally wrong track now? Reason Im asking I got some pictures of someone who does all her won spinning, woving and then sewing clothing together...

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi all,i know i said i was easy about the dates,which i am, but my boss does'nt agree, so i won't be able to make it i'm affraid due to work. I think i'm gonna have to give up this work nonsense,as it just gets in the way of hammocking time! :rolleyes:

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
thought I better join this thread. Was trying to make this meet but my wife has organised a busy social callander so I only have one day over the hols when nothing is arranged. Will try to make an appearence on the 28th for the day, just to meet with old friends and new.

Stuartf it's a shame you can't make it, but at least I wont have to organise a fancy meal to taunt you with.

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE