New Year meet in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bushyboo

fast celt said:
i was just looking at a web site and it said no shore fishing, only fly fishing from boats. Is this right or is it ok to bring a rod with me? :confused:

was thinking that myself do they allow pike fishing ?

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
what time are people going on the 28th...? I am planning on around 12 O clock myself.

Also, if it is allowed, does anyone fancy bringin their air rifle? Not for hunting but for a bit of target practice and teaching others the basic markmanship principles... I dont mind takin care of a device to catch the led pellets so they dont dissapear into the soil... opinions please.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
just finished packing :eek: way to much kit and plenty of food to go around
I'm going to try and be on site for around 10:30 ish tomorrow weds 27th
It will be good to see some old faces again and meet some new ones :)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Ryan Woods said:
Also, if it is allowed, does anyone fancy bringin their air rifle? Not for hunting but for a bit of target practice and teaching others the basic markmanship principles... I dont mind takin care of a device to catch the led pellets so they dont dissapear into the soil... opinions please.

I know we have had plenty of archery at the site but I do not know the FC policy on Airguns so it might be best to leave it.

fast celt

Forager
Aug 9, 2005
West Yorkshire
My brother and I will be there early afternoon weds 27th. Its my first meet so I packed almost every thing, just to see what I use. Looking forward to seeing every body and putting names to faces. :D

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
john or warthog i might be able to make it forom the 27th till 28th would this be ok ,also would the tentipi be ok or would that be too big for the site cheers ,hope to see u soon

MagiKelly

gill said:
john or warthog i might be able to make it from the 27th till 28th would this be ok ,also would the tentipi be ok or would that be too big for the site cheers ,hope to see u soon

Not a problem. Plenty of room for the Tipi. I will perhaps be on site for a while on the 28th but not over night. I will then be staying over on either the Friday or the Saturday depending on family commitments.

I'll PM you the lock combination.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
The trout fishing is controlled by the hotel, and is indeed boat only. Of course, it is the close season for trout just now.

The pike fishing is controlled by the FC. You can buy a day permit for £5 at the FC visitor centre, just down the road towards Callander. I think the pike fishing is year round.

At previous meets we have caught pike of up to about 3lb. There are probably bigger ones in there.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i'll probably not get there until friday.
i'm moving into a flat in dundee on thursday (assuming i get my car back from the garage, it's poorly at the moment :( )

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Kelly,
no air rifle is fine by me, esppecially when the superior sport, archery, is shown there!

My bergan is packed and ready. Does anyone want a pair of mess tins...? I can bring it along in addition to hexi cookers, triagular bandages, 58' metal mug, dpm trousers... let me know... will swap or exchange for brews!

Graham, sorry to hear you wont be able to make it sooner.

Everyone checked the so far pessimistic weather reports too?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
the garage is so far letting me down with my car.
i'll try to get there, i need to move into my flat before i go to africa though.
friday might be pushing it. i may slip to saturday. on the bright side, i can stay afew days on the other end if anyone else is planning to hang around.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Heading down this evening.

The met report is not good:

Friday 29 December EARLY WARNING Two spells of stormy weather are set to hit the UK before the end of the year. Winds of 70 to 80mph are expected and these wind strengths may well cause structural damage and disruption to travel. Potentially damaging gusts may occur anywhere but the north and the west of the UK are the most at risk Further updates will appear here.
Friday 29 December WEATHER WARNING Heavy rain will affect southwestern parts of Scotland today and through the coming night. Up to 60mm of rain is likely over the hills and some local disruption is likely. Valid until 0600GMT

Caution advised!

MagiKelly

I was there for a while yesterday and it was drizzly but no wind. I got a text from Russell this morning though and apparently it was really windy last night. He had to take down the 4.5 x 4.5m tarp as the wind was about to take it away.

My plans are now to be there for a while tomorrow but not over night. Should be there early..........................................ish :rolleyes:

B

bushyboo

sorry everbody the flu got me aswell so wont be able to make it up :sad6:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE