New Year meet in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
To those of you who braved the rain, sleet, snow and gales and turned up :rolleyes: it was good to meet you :You_Rock_

Warthog1981 you are a great host ;) BTW while sitting in Patrick's kitchen last night enjoying a curry, we did think of you out there..........briefly :p

Here's Fast Celt and his brother watching our pheasant, and vegetable stew cooking over the fire

P1020103.jpg
[/IMG]

Warthog chopping wood

P1020108.jpg
[/IMG]

Toddy showing us how to make knotless, primitive netting (really good to finally meet you Mary :You_Rock_ )

P1020112.jpg
[/IMG]

Ryans roasted apples stuffed with Terrys chocolate orange (nice one mate).......

Roastedapplewithterryschocorange.jpg
[/IMG]

My humble abode for the last few days

P1020120.jpg
[/IMG]

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Everyone is back now. I popped over for the day again today.

The site was far wetter than it has been on previous visits. In fact the water had risen a foot since I was there on Thursday.

We had a nice relaxing day today chilling out and slowly breaking camp. The big tarp certainly seems to have earned its keep. Must remember to bring it to future meets.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Funny thing, weather.

Had a good kip last night at Achray, rained a bit but cosy and dry in the tent. When I got back home today - just 25 miles away- I found my the wind had lifted my canoe, snapped the steel lock securing it, and deposited it in the farm next door. Also my HF vertical antenna, that had been up the last 4 winters without problem, came down when a guy line snapped.

Anyway, good to meet those I met, and sorry I missed those I didn't.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Fenlander thanks for sharing the photo's. Will post my piccies when I return home.

I had a good time and met some great people however fingers crossed that the next time the weather allows us to do some more activities.

Toddy your slow gin was fantastic! will you share the secret?

M9,will definitely be in contact after I return to the mainland!

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Me and my mate are heading up there tomorrow, or should I say today. Although we will prolly get blown away.

Where starting off at baloch and planning to get the bus back from aberfoyle.

I better get to bed or I will never get up.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
To all those who braved the weather to attended the meet it was a pleasure to meet you all :) It was good to see some new faces
The weather was a little wild but it made it all the more interesting lol
Fenlander it was good to meet you :) we had home made soup and curry on the last night with nan bread to lol Thankfully the extra guy lines and bigger pegs managed to hold the big tarp down but I was still looking under my tarp every hour or so making sure it was still up. Its nice to get some sleep at last lol
That's my tarp set up in the back of Fenlanders pic of me splitting wood :rolleyes:

warthog1981 said:
To all those who braved the weather to attended the meet it was a pleasure to meet you all :) It was good to see some new faces
The weather was a little wild but it made it all the more interesting lol
Fenlander it was good to meet you :) we had home made soup and curry on the last night with nan bread to lol Thankfully the extra guy lines and bigger pegs managed to hold the big tarp down but I was still looking under my tarp every hour or so making sure it was still up. Its nice to get some sleep at last lol
That's my tarp set up in the back of Fenlanders pic of me splitting wood :rolleyes:

So when do we get to see some results from your new camera mate :confused:

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Just had to say thanks to everyone I met. The boys and I had a great day and will definately be coming along to future meets when we can, and have some ideas for getting out and about in the next few months. :You_Rock_

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
my photos (let me know if you dont want your face on the net):

PC280044.jpg

PC280043.jpg

PC280047.jpg

PC300096.jpg

PC290057.jpg

PC290078.jpg

PC300103.jpg

PC290088.jpg

PC290070.jpg

PC290071.jpg

PC290066.jpg

PC280045.jpg

PC280048.jpg

PC280052.jpg

I was forced to drink this... it was terrible, pure agony, awful!:D

PC300097.jpg

...my morning view ruined by someone's tarp! ;)

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Great pics mate . I will make the effort for the next scottish meet
Would be interesting to meet some of the other members and a change from having my own solo moots :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE