New Year meet in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
MagiKelly said:
Okay the meet will be from the 28th to the 30th December. That is the Thursday, Friday & Saturday between Christmas and New Year.

If anyone wants to stay longer or arrive earlier it should be able to be arranged. Hopefully these dates will meant those of us on holiday can come during the week and those with just the weekend off can attend on the Saturday.

Can those able to come post here so we have an idea of numbers. I will post over on SotP as well.

Hi John,

We'll be around from 27th-29th, so could you book the site a day earlier for us please:confused: :eek:

I wish i could stay longer, but unfortunately have to be at work on Saturday morning :(

looking forward to meeting some of you guys from north of the border :D

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Fenlander said:
Hi John,

We'll be around from 27th-29th, so could you book the site a day earlier for us please:confused: :eek:

I wish i could stay longer, but unfortunately have to be at work on Saturday morning :(

looking forward to meeting some of you guys from north of the border :D

The only slight fly in the ointment is that I will have the key to the gate and the FC are on holiday for the break between Christmas and New Year. Depending on who is going to be there first we might need to arrange to meet or me to come up early and give you the key.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
do we (by this i mean you) still have waylands combination padlock?
i can be there a day early also, and i'd like to leave a little late too, so if anyone else is up for spending hogmanay at the loch, i'll be there.

i'm really looking forward to this little jaunt. :D

Dec 7, 2006
Scotland, Glasgow
Depending on other commitments which may have to make way for the meet, id be interested in coming if its ok with everyone.
It would be my first meet with BCUK members.
I was wondering about the format of the meet.
Would we be staying in tents or shelters?
If the brave person who is taking the time to organise this event could pm me the details id be gratful.

Cheers

Happy bushcrafting

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Kayaks are allowed.
None of your open bathtub elitism at BcUK meets, and if any of the bathtub brigade give you a hard time just challenge them to a race ;).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Denise lives just along the road and knows the Rangers. I'll find out what she's up to over hogmanay and ne'erday.
I'll be up for a visit (at least), but by December surely there'll be nae midgies :D :D :D

Oh and I've got home made ice brewed cider, sloe gin and sloe whisky too :cool: and a recipe for campfire shortbread farls :rolleyes: ......steak pie I've never mastered on a campfire, sorry :eek: but if someone's up for helping keep the pots boiling we could manage a clootie dumpling and haggis' too, venison and duck we could arrange ;)
Might be overkill? :dunno:

Cheers,
Toddy

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I am cursed never to attend a meet I think.

I am away in England until the 30th. Me and a couple of mates have already planned a trip over new year. We were looking at the Loch Ard/Achray area. I have never been but it looks nice. It's hard to tell from an OS map. We were planning to be there over New Year, or maybe a few days later. If you can point out places on the map where I can put up a hammock and my mates can have their tent it would be great. Somewhere out of the way would be ideal. If anyone is going to be out over that period let me know where you will be and I will pop and say hello.

We are going to be going by public transport (from Glasgow) so any info on that would be great.

Cheers

Merry Christmas

fast celt

Forager
Aug 9, 2005
West Yorkshire
Me and my brother were thinking of coming up.This will be our first meet could, some one please let us know what we need for the 3 days If thats OK
We are seasoned all year round campers

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
You'll need to be :) , at the moment the site is probably under a foot of water. We should be asking Scuba Pete for advice.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Hehe, well I will have to bring a dry suit then.

As long as I can find some dry ground I will be happy. I need to get some new waterproof trousers thou. It looks like it could be a wet one.

Maybe it will all freeze, who knows.

B

bushyboo

Im hoping to come up on friday till sat . My brother will probably be with me (the homba) going fishing that week so will probably swing round on way back . is there room for tents ? if not will bring hammock and extra sleeping bag.
Cant wait to meet some of you from this site been realy looking forward to it

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
bushyboo said:
Im hoping to come up on friday till sat . My brother will probably be with me (the homba) going fishing that week so will probably swing round on way back . is there room for tents ? if not will bring hammock and extra sleeping bag.
Cant wait to meet some of you from this site been realy looking forward to it

There should be plenty room for tents, just as long as the whole site is not underwater :rolleyes:

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
i'll probably be there for the three days!

anybody passin over the Queensferry bridge...? The big red one ;)

As for food and water: each bringin their own plus some drinks to share around the campfire?

What are the admission costs?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE