New Stuart Mitchell knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
The awaited day has arrived ... the knife and leatherwork were delivered today. :D

I am well pleased with both, the craftsmanship and attention to detail shows through on all three items.

The knife looks and feels fantastic. It is set off perfectly by the Rapidboy sheath and fits home snugly. RB also made a mask for my SFA and this is also a fine piece of work!

I shall give my new toys a chance to impress even more over the weekend, as I am on an Archery Leaders course.

Simon

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I should have said...

The knive arrived in a soft, zip up, fleece lined case emblazoned with Stuart's stylised name on it. It also came with a very nice certificate listing the knife details and lifetime guarantee.

I have just made a couple of feathersticks using the knife, and once I got used to the feel was curling tissue thin slivers of wood off. I lit the lounge fire using a firesteel struck with the knife and was rewarded with a good shower of sparks.

So far so good .... thanks Stuart :You_Rock_

Simon

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Still my main user, so not as shiney as this any more...

DSC00276-1.jpg

... in fact, it was used to prep 4 wabbits for a stew only last week:cool:
Simon

Last edited:

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thread resurrection time...

Despite having (cough) a few knives, this continues to be my main user and belt knife.

Used almost daily for a variety of tasks, like battoning kindling for the regular Kelly Kettle sessions that I run.

Edge retention is great, with a little TLC on the strop every week it's always shaving sharp!

CZVDYCrWwAABbhE.jpg:large

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE