New Stuart Mitchell knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
After pleading on bended knee for a while SWMBO has finally let me have a new knife.

I sent Stuart an e-mail on Saturday morning and recieved a very fast response from him. There followed a few more e-mails to sort out what I really wanted and Stuart has just sent me these photos showing progress!

Brief was:-

• A simple bushcraft knife
  • 3 - 3.5mm
  • Scandi grind
  • Cabon steel
  • Double dangler sheath with DC3 pouch and Firesteel loop

Timber is cross cut curly birch.

xcutstabbirch.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Can't wait to get it dirty!

Simon

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I cant wait to see this one when its done, I am really liking Stuarts work the more I see of it. I am sure you will have a fantastic knife there.

Simon.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thanks for the positive comments!

I have been looking at a few of the knives that Stuart has done for members here and they all seem to have gone down well with their owners so took the plunge!

The blade goes for heat treatment tomorrow ....

Simon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You won't regret it Simon. Stu is the master of his craft - his work is absolutely flawless. I look forward to watching this develop -it'll be beautiful, trust me!

Red

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I am sure it will be great when you get it.

Is just my eyes or is that a different blade to the one your talking about as it appears to have a full flat grind at the moment.:sad6:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I am sure it will be great when you get it.

Is just my eyes or is that a different blade to the one your talking about as it appears to have a full flat grind at the moment.:sad6:
I think thats just the flat blank cut from steel brancho without the bevels having been ground

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
It's dangerous though. You start with your simple 'the one' and then - well I need another to do this.... and another to do that. Then you end up like me - four SM blades.

Slippery slope, be careful.

Things of beauty and as close to perfection as I'm likely to see.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Simon, a word of caution mate, be warned, i've just recieved a Stuart Mitchell knife mate and, well, how can i say this without putting anyone's nose out..........................IT'S AMAZING! I thought i'd seen some nice pieces in my time but, by the Popes danglies this knocks spots off the best of them. The knife is nice, the scales are nice, the pins are nice and the lanyard hole is nice. The bevel is quality and even the lanyard is nice. But when you put it all together and then add an unbelievable eye for detail, fit and finish combined with exacting standards, it is, simply put, more than the sum of it's parts. It would not surprise me if it glowed whenever an Orc was near! The thing is, everytime i walk past a tree, it starts pulling me toward it saying 'Feed me, feed me now'. I think it would be an insult if i did not use it. I'd like to take this opportunity to thanks Stu again for the little prezzie he has sent me just intime for Christmas, thanks Santa, erm, i mean Stu.:eek:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Shades of a Moorcock fan with a soul eating blade there eh Jed?
Sounds like a keen blade in more than one sence.......
I would like to see this eldrich blade but not from the sharp end!:eek:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Here you go John, enjoy! The photo's really don't do it justice. To be honest, i cannot believe it's mine! I keep getting it out and stroking it (Now, now, that's enough of that!). Stuart is such a craftsman and, i'm proud to say, a fellow Yorkshireman!

Came with a Rapidboy sheath, up to Lawrences usual high standards as you would expect. Both pieces truly stunning!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE