New Stuart Mitchell knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Smoother than a smooth thing that graduated from Smooth University with a B.A Hons in being Smooth! Firm in the grip though, delightfully balanced, different yet still discreet, it one of those knives that walks down the road towards you and as he comes level with you, casually leans over and whispers quality in your ear, rather than screams it out.

I liked it when i saw pictures of it but nothing prepared me for the standard of finish and the feeling of it in the hand.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
A thing of beauty as are they all.

Until now I've only had blades. Now I have traded the banger in I hope that garage bills will no longer prevent me from buying a dream. I have it in my head, Stu knows it's coming......

That's nice Jed, we can stroke each others Stu's in Feb.:eek:

This man really is a genius.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
just had another e-mail from Stuart - latest photo of the knife blank! Getting closer ....

004.jpg

:D

very nice indeedy you coping off mine?
blanks.jpg

:eek: :cussing: :cool: :D

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Man, you must be scratching your palm's looking at that and wanting the time to go soooooo quickly! Mum, how many more sleep's?:D

Made all the worse because I am off work at the moment, recovering from a knee op - Bored to death, feel fine but can not walk around!

My existing knife has been sharpened to the point where I could shave and I have only been off for 2 days so far.

Tomorrow I start work on my old Scout axe which my Dad found in the shed - Rusty and in need of much TLC - hopefully that will see me through to Monday, when all being well I return to work!

Simon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its worth the wait Simon - trust me on this. I do genuinely think stu has become the knifemaker to those in the know for a reason - his fit and finish are superb, but best of all it isn't just re-cyling the same old design.I don't know about you but for me, chatting about shape and materials, purpose and what works and doesn't makes me feel like its MY knife not A knife. Sounds odd but I'm sure Simon understands.

Red

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I agree BR, i'm excited for Simon on two count's. Firstly, because, i can see in the way he writes that he'll appreciate it and secondly, it means MY SM knife is that bit closer to being finished!:D

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Its worth the wait Simon - trust me on this. I do genuinely think stu has become the knifemaker to those in the know for a reason - his fit and finish are superb, but best of all it isn't just re-cyling the same old design.I don't know about you but for me, chatting about shape and materials, purpose and what works and doesn't makes me feel like its MY knife not A knife. Sounds odd but I'm sure Simon understands.

Red

Nah... its becasue he's got the same initials as me - thats all!

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Have just heard from Stuart again and it is mixed news....

Bad because he is not happy with the scales and has taken them off to start again, meaning a slight delay ...:(

Good because he is a true craftsman and is not happy with second best :)

He has sent me some photos of the almost finished knife, just before stripping off the scales...

Knife-withdamagedscales.jpg

And a choice of new scales materials...

Newscalesselection.jpg

I was also given a choice of any of the material from Stu's supplier's website but have chosen to go with the one on the left of the photo :D

All of this has confirmed to me that I choose the right man to make my knife, after all it will the one and only time I have one made so it has to be right! :)

Anyway time to go out and lob a few arrows ...

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE