New photo forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There's been requests for a while and after the latest conversation it seems that the time is right for a photography forum.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and learning more about photography ;)

Away you go :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Great stuff Tony.
photos-077.gif

Is there any chance of getting the gallery fixed to go with it?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are we having a sticky to explain the rules ? Are there any rules ?

Do the images have to be bushcraft related or is it general nature/outdoors stuff ?

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Cheers Tony, I expect to be learning a lot here. :)

Rule 1 has got to be. Have the camera with you.

Sunset.jpg

Took this tonight when I got off the bus from work.

Shot Details.
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot G9
F-Stop:f/5.6
Exposure Time: 1/30sec.
ISO Speed:IS0200
Focal Length: 15mm
Hand Held

All feedback appreciated.
Stu

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
An idea for a new forum rule.

I just realised that 2 out of the first 6 threads are equipment-related, (as was one of my first posts:eek: ).

We should try to make an effort to concentrate on photos and photo technique as relevant to bushcraft rather than getting bogged down in what lens/camera is best.

There are PLENTY of sites for camera gear chatter, this one could be a bit different.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
An idea for a new forum rule.

I just realised that 2 out of the first 6 threads are equipment-related, (as was one of my first posts:eek: ).

We should try to make an effort to concentrate on photos and photo technique as relevant to bushcraft rather than getting bogged down in what lens/camera is best.

There are PLENTY of sites for camera gear chatter, this one could be a bit different.

I kind of disagree Shep

My first post was also equipment related but that`s only because I`m a photo novice and I`m trying to get the best kit together for some bushcraft piccies.

Fair enough we don`t want loads of techy posts but if they`re relevant to what we`re trying achieve I see no harm in the odd one now and then.

:dunno:

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
How about cropping the top third of the picture off?

It's not really doing much and the end result will concentrate the eye on the areas with bags of colour.

Beautiful shot, nice vibrant colours. I think I would clone out the two bright dots in the bottom centre though, because they do tend to draw the eye to them.

Thanks guys, my new desktop picture looks much better.:D As well as the 2 street lights I also cloned out the white signpost and the car roof I hadn't even seen.

I've been trying to learn techniques to take better photos and what all the things are for on the camera, but I've have realised that the post photo skills also need honing.

Sunset5.jpg

Cheers
Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE