Hello from a beginner in the North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamesLaneMe

Nov 8, 2023
Whitley Bay
Hi everyone,
I found this forum while searching for recommendations for locations in the North East - I'm in Whitley Bay. I have really just started on my journey, am booked onto a course to get me going, and looking forward to learning, practising and honing those skills.

Thanks,
James

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi James.

Welcome aboard, great spot not too far from you is Brockwell Woods at Blaydon, a privately owned woodland, it's wild camping with permission, it was £8 a night last time I went, you get your own pitch, water available at the house if needed, meat as well. Check them out.

Reactions: JamesLaneMe

JamesLaneMe

Nov 8, 2023
Whitley Bay
Hi James.

Welcome aboard, great spot not too far from you is Brockwell Woods at Blaydon, a privately owned woodland, it's wild camping with permission, it was £8 a night last time I went, you get your own pitch, water available at the house if needed, meat as well. Check them out.
Thank you for the recommendation! I walked Brockwell just a few weeks ago, but didn't realise there was permission-based wild camping allowed; that's very useful to know!

Reactions: bopdude

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yeah it's a great spot, most times you can drive to your pitch so can go in a bit heavier and glamp it up a bit, spaces for tents and hammocks, fire pits are there already, if you search Brockwell Woods you'll find their website and contact details.

JamesLaneMe

Nov 8, 2023
Whitley Bay
Yeah it's a great spot, most times you can drive to your pitch so can go in a bit heavier and glamp it up a bit, spaces for tents and hammocks, fire pits are there already, if you search Brockwell Woods you'll find their website and contact details.
Funnily enough, a friend had suggested Brockwell Woods and were booked to go in a couple of weeks. I've got myself confused with Thornley Woods - that's where I walked recently, as someone else had done a stealth camp there and I went to check it out.

Andrew C

Nov 7, 2023
USA
Hello, I’m also a new member. I grew up in England with a farming background. I now live in Virginia and am hoping to raise cattle here. I’m retired. I’m looking for people to talk to about hedge laying and green woodworking.
Andrew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE