New knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
New pics :)

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

It's the 5/6mm damascus Stu is currently working on. There is a 7mm in the works, which is an experiment to make the thumb ramp wider. After that, the blade will taper to a 5mm spine and then tapering down to a flat grind. The thickest part will be the tang area and ramp up at the spine. A real test of Stu's skill that'll be, as I've never known anyone do that before.

well I have a 7.3mm RWL 34 version of my DSP ground it a while back (not as nice as Stu's grinds) tang down to 1mm but as its for me i still havent had time to put a handle on it

and all my current DSP carbon blades are cut from 7.3mm which i will either have to surface grind to the 6mm intended or taper as is :eek:

7.3mm is a comfy thumb rest tho :eek:

ATB

Duncan

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
well I have a 7.3mm RWL 34 version of my DSP ground it a while back (not as nice as Stu's grinds) tang down to 1mm but as its for me i still havent had time to put a handle on it

and all my current DSP carbon blades are cut from 7.3mm which i will either have to surface grind to the 6mm intended or taper as is :eek:

7.3mm is a comfy thumb rest tho :eek:

ATB

Duncan
What Jon means Dunc is that although the thumb rest is at 7mm, immediately forward of that, the spine of the blade will drop to 5mm, from 5mm it will taper forward to the tip, behind the thumb ramp the tang will taper away to whatever, that's easy :)

What Jon means Dunc is that although the thumb rest is at 7mm, immediately forward of that, the spine of the blade will drop to 5mm, from 5mm it will taper forward to the tip, behind the thumb ramp the tang will taper away to whatever, that's easy :)

Ah gotcha yes mine sort of does that but thats because i set the angle a bit wrong and the and over ground it :rolleyes: :eek:

yep thats gonna be a Bu@@er to get to look right :eek:

ATB

Duncan

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ah gotcha yes mine sort of does that but thats because i set the angle a bit wrong and the and over ground it :rolleyes: :eek:

yep thats gonna be a Bu@@er to get to look right :eek:

ATB

Duncan

I wondered what that 4m high mountain of Deval bushy blanks was doing in the corner of the workshop :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE