New knife wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
In the market for a new knife lately. It's a late birthday gift to myself. I was looking at the Casstrom no10 forest knife, but the tbs boar really caught my eye. I was hoping if anyone can share their thoughts, or if you have any other options up to 150 sterling, please let me know.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hello Midge I was half-way through writing what I thought of the BOAR when it dawned on me that you are after the TBS version and not the Karesuando Boar Knife. I'm afraid I've no knowledge about the TBS version as I've never even handled one but looking at the specs it looks a fine knife. (Were you thinking of the carbon or stainless blade?) It seemingly has a slightly longer handle than a lot of knives this size which can be nice when trying to achieve different grips. But ultimately you've got to feel it in your hand before you know if it's right for you.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It was the carbon version I am hankering after. It seem the only problem with mail order. No try before you buy.

Must say I prefer carbon myself. Had a wee Google session there, no-one in Scotland sells it that I could find. I take it there would be no problem with returning it if you didn't like it? Shouldn't be. And I suppose no-ones come forward apart from me, and I had the wrong knife.:rolleyes:

leon-1

You would be better off upping your budget a tad and ordering a commission from Hill Bill of this parish.

http://www.markhillknives.com/

Yeah I have to agree.

I recently came into possession of one of Mark's knives :D.

Mark's work is very good and very reasonably priced.

On your budget you could do far worse than give the man a call and ask what he could do for you. Let him know your budget and what your requirement is and see what he has to say.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You would be better off upping your budget a tad and ordering a commission from Hill Bill of this parish.

http://www.markhillknives.com/

Thanks for the recommendation mate :)

In the market for a new knife lately. It's a late birthday gift to myself. I was looking at the Casstrom no10 forest knife, but the tbs boar really caught my eye. I was hoping if anyone can share their thoughts, or if you have any other options up to 150 sterling, please let me know.

Hi mate, i can help you out if you want something. £150 would be plenty for most things in 01 :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers Leon :)

Yeah I have to agree.

I recently came into possession of one of Mark's knives :D.

Mark's work is very good and very reasonably priced.

On your budget you could do far worse than give the man a call and ask what he could do for you. Let him know your budget and what your requirement is and see what he has to say.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE