New Damasteel bushcrafter I made.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushmeister

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Leicestershire
Thought you might like to see my latest (3rd) knife I have made from scratch. After my first two, (a massive Bowie and the highland horn damascus camp knife), I decided to have a go with this damasteel stuff and make myself a bushcraft knife. It is using a 4mm piece of Odin's eye, 250mm long. It has two mosaic pins from Rob Evans, and one 4mm nickel silver pin. The handle is stabilized burr something, over white and black liners. It has a kind of leaf shape with a thumb ramp, and is a full flat grind. It isn't properly sharpened yet (I do this last to save on fingers!) and have just finished buffing the handle up.

I am hoping this will be the best user I have, with all the features I am looking for. If not, I will just have to make another!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
OOO thats nice.

Lovely shape and finish. If you want to use it with a ferro rod you may want to square the spine on the last inch or so ;)

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Nice one!

I don't know what wood that is but it looks good with that damascus blade, quite a few knives I've seen have handles that don't really go with a damascus blade but I think you nailed it. goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE