new bit of silly kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It says it weighs in at a kilo too.........I'm sure HWMBLT's lightweight tent weighs 1.2kg. I don't really see the point in this, just take a poncho.

cheers,
Toddy

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Winter = hypothermia in that.

I don't think it is designed for "winter".

heading_specs.png

MAIN FEATURES

Waterproof/Breathable and Waterproof combination

• All-in-one patent pending revolutionary design featuring a waterproof breathable jacket with integrated tent (shelter), mosquito netting and sleeping bag
  • 3 season design (spring, summer and fall)
  • 3.1 oz urethane coated ripstop nylon (112t*95t/70d*70d)
    polyester (54T*52T/250D*250D) body fabric
  • Breathable/Waterproof construction, fully seam taped
  • Entire product meets CPAI-84 flame retardant standards for tents
  • DWR finish (Durable Water Resistant)
  • 2 Layer W/P non-breathable Clear, Milky or 2.5 layer printed
  • 2 Layer W/P Hydrophilic Clear, Milky, or 2.5 layer printed 10000mm,
    MVT 5000g
  • Weight: Small 2lbs/13oz, Medium 2lbs/15 oz, Large 3lbs/1oz,
    X-Large 3lbs/3oz

http://jakpak.com/specs/

Wings :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Wingstoo,fair point but would you sleep out in that in Autumn(fall)and spring,because i would'nt basically its a waterproof jacket/leg thing with a midge net over the top,a warm summer's night maybe at a push but the rest of the season's i think you would feel the cold, in this country.A nice warm desert island go on then.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I would, but not in just my walking clothes, a set of thermal jacket and trousers ( Ebay link ) for the early spring and late fall might be required, but as you say, a warm summers night, it at least gives the user a level of cover, a bit like a simple bivvy bag gives and a lot more than some poncho's do.

Wings :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Amusing item. I'm only just warm enough in a three season sleeping bag in summer so I don't think I'd be too comfortable in that thing. At $250 it's not cheap, but for someone with the money it might be a bit of a laugh to try it out.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
This is what you need so that you can run from things that go bump in the night. :lmao:

http://www.lippiselkbag.co.uk/

lippi-selkbag-sleep-wear-system.jpg

The brainchild of Chilean designer Rodrigo Alonso, Selk’Bag® is a "sleeping system which allows to dress with your sleeping bag, giving a maximum mobility and comfort in periods of rest in a tent or outside it."

Last edited:

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
Perhaps not as daft as it looks. The old German Army sleeping bag used to have arms, and a zip-off base turning it into a parka if you wanted. More than a few soldiers now sleep in the issue softy-type jacket and overtrousers - either on their own in just a bivvy bag if its summer, or inside a sleeping bag to make it warmer still in the winter. If you look at the Nanok SF clothing, they mention that their jacket and trousers were meant for this too. Perhaps more practical if you get bumped in the night too.

Now this thing does look a little... err, odd... but there again it would be immense for lounging round in the winter! Or maybe a mechanic would put it under coveralls when chilly...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE